Your views on...electric bikes (Dissertation project)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexalph

Good afternoon CC!

I am a masters student at Leeds University studying Transport Planning. As part of this, I am currently undertaking a dissertation examining peoples attitudes towards electric bikes and how electric bikes have changed the travel habits of those who own them.

I am here as I am keen to get a sample of those who currently commute by conventional bike, and if i'm lucky a couple of people with an electric bike! As part of this there are two surveys:
For those with WITHOUT an electric bike:
https://www.survey.leeds.ac.uk/ebikenonuser

For those WITH an electric bike:
https://www.survey.leeds.ac.uk/ebikeuser

Both should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.

Please feel free to comment on the questionnaire or study. Also there the information collected is to be used purely for academic purposes.

Finally, if anyone could provide advice/help on distributing the questionnaire to those with an e-bike it would be most welcome!

Thank you all in advance...
Alex Lister

Last edited by a moderator:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Done

OP
OP
A

alexalph

Thank you for the replies and responses so far guys, really appreciated!
Flying Dodo - thank you for the advice i'll pursue that, seems like exactly the kind of organisation I need.

Any more advice on e-bike user recruitment is very welcome!

done

and forwarded to my step-father who is an ebike user (and really can only use an ebike because of health issues)

D

Deleted member 18052

Done - Not that I would ride one, its cheating :P

snorri

Legendary Member
I am here as I am keen to get a sample of those who currently commute by conventional bike,
I'm excluded from this survey because I don't commute and therefore cannot complete question six:sad:.
I thought the combination of Weather and Darkness in question 10c a little odd. The darkness doesn't bother me, nor does sun, rain or falling snow. However, my present winter utility cycling is limited to an extent by the effect of wind on an exposed route I use regularly and I see an ebike as a possible solution and means of being able to increase my winter cycling mileage.
(PS I don't do sweating:rolleyes:)

Ganymede

Veteran
Done - and I too thought the combo of darkness and weather was odd. I don't mind the dark at all but I do mind heavy rain if I'm commuting as I wear normal clothes. So I couldn't answer that question honestly.

Pleased to see that you are sharing results - so many people ask nicely for us to fill in surveys and respond on the thread but we never hear the results, which I think we'd all find interesting.

Top Bottom