your waist size ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This makes me really, really nervous. Next stop organs?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
35" ish.

34 trousers are uncomfortably tight, 36ers have to continually hoicked up.

Same size I was when I left school 20+ years ago......although my belly is now (slightly) larger and my shoulders (slightly) smaller.

Mark_Robson

I think that this thread is unbalanced because it doesn't take age into account. When I was thirty four I was a thirty inch waist, now that I'm forty four I'm a thirty four inch waist and I do a lot more exercise now than I did then.
Obviously we need to mention age as well as waist to make us over forties feel better :blush:

@aJohnson, man you are seriously thin. Do you manage to find clothes that fit your frame?

ACS

Legendary Member
34" (from 37" in year ago)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
XmisterIS said:
I am trying to picture that! Was one of your ancestors a pipe cleaner? :biggrin:
aJ came out on one of my rides and I can tell you that he is one of the skinniest healthy people I've ever met. We are the same height but I'm virtually twice his size!

We were out on a day when a cold wind was blowing and Andy got so cold that he had to abandon the ride. There is absolutely no spare flesh on him at all to keep him warm so Pennine descents in the winter are not his thing. Great build for climbing Alpine passes in mid-summer though! :smile:

Oh, and when I'm fit I have a 32" waist. At my worst, I was a huge 47" (! :blush: ) and I'm currently a portly 41". :eek:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
ColinJ said:
aJ came out on one of my rides and I can tell you that he is one of the skinniest healthy people I've ever met. We are the same height but I'm virtually twice his size!

We were out on a day when a cold wind was blowing and Andy got so cold that he had to abandon the ride. There is absolutely no spare flesh on him at all to keep him warm so Pennine descents in the winter are not his thing. Great build for climbing Alpine passes in mid-summer though! :smile:

Oh, and when I'm fit I have a 32" waist. At my worst, I was a huge 47" (! :blush: ) and I'm currently a portly 41". :biggrin:

Perhaps one of his ancestors was a whippet then! :eek:

Even when I had zero fat on me (in my early 20's) and I had a washboard stomach, I had a 30" waist! I did used to get cold at the drop of a hat though and I still do!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
XmisterIS said:
Perhaps one of his ancestors was a whippet then! :blush:

Even when I had zero fat on me (in my early 20's) and I had a washboard stomach, I had a 30" waist! I did used to get cold at the drop of a hat though and I still do!
When I finished university I weighed 10 stone 10 lbs, I had a 31" waist, those pipe-cleaner arms and legs, my ribs stuck out, I had sunken eyes and I looked horribly gaunt and even then I was about 2.5 stone heavier than aJ is!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Been 32" all my adult life, never changed.

Recently bought some chinos that were supposed to be 32" but they were nearer to 35", apparently that's called vanity sizing. Very annoying to be patronised in that way; I took them back.

Top Bottom