Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These guys know their subject, they are out mapping routes every week.
https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/new...oKZiiX1bYbz8UIFBeI_aem_23QOujncXy5l_rXDOupHuA

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yesterday's walk and tube jolly to London with granddaughter was tiring but enjoyable.
We got a Just Park for the car for £7 right beside Highgate Tube station then, after a breakfast at a café on the A1, we walked through Waterlow Park to Highgate Cemetery where we had a tour booked.

DSC_4921~2.JPG

DSC_4936~2.JPG

DSC_4927~2.JPG

DSC_4926~4.JPG

Wonderful place to visit, either with a tour or just for a wander around. Famous graves include Marx, Douglas Adams, George Michael, Alexander Letvinenko plus many more both known & forgotten! It's not a morbid place, though, even in the catacombs...!
Once finished there, we walked to Archway for a tube to Tottenham Court Road to walk to Speakers Corner where, surprisingly, no-one was actually speaking!

DSC_4947.JPG

DSC_4953.JPG

Next visit was to 'Frameless', a visual & audio thing by Marble Arch.
Very good it was, too, and at least we go the chance to sit down for a while 😊

DSC_4960.JPG

Walk and tube to the Bank of England was our next visit where security was quite tight, as expected, for a wander around the free museum. Above pic is me lifting up a 13 kilo gold ingot.. Too big to wiggle out of the hole, sadly 😂

DSC_4969.JPG

DSC_4973.JPG

Next was a walk & tube to Waterloo to Leake Street Arches, under Waterloo Station, that Granddaughter discovered, where Street Artists rattle their spray cans and get to work (officially, I think!)

Screenshot_20240702-213101~2.png

Total Strava'd was just under 30 miles but that includes trains. I guesstimate about 7 ish miles walked judging by my legs...
No chance for a Boris Bike, unfortunately.. Next time hopefully.
Tube back to the car in Highgate after a great day out.

😊

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yesterday's walk and tube jolly to London with granddaughter was tiring but enjoyable.
We got a Just Park for the car for £7 right beside Highgate Tube station then, after a breakfast at a café on the A1, we walked through Waterlow Park to Highgate Cemetery where we had a tour booked.

View attachment 736271

View attachment 736273

View attachment 736272

View attachment 736280
Wonderful place to visit, either with a tour or just for a wander around. Famous graves include Marx, Douglas Adams, George Michael, Alexander Letvinenko plus many more both known & forgotten! It's not a morbid place, though, even in the catacombs...!
Once finished there, we walked to Archway for a tube to Tottenham Court Road to walk to Speakers Corner where, surprisingly, no-one was actually speaking!

View attachment 736277

View attachment 736278
Next visit was to 'Frameless', a visual & audio thing by Marble Arch.
Very good it was, too, and at least we go the chance to sit down for a while 😊

View attachment 736279
Walk and tube to the Bank of England was our next visit where security was quite tight, as expected, for a wander around the free museum. Above pic is me lifting up a 13 kilo gold ingot.. Too big to wiggle out of the hole, sadly 😂

View attachment 736276

View attachment 736275
Next was a walk & tube to Waterloo to Leake Street Arches, under Waterloo Station, that Granddaughter discovered, where Street Artists rattle their spray cans and get to work (officially, I think!)

View attachment 736274
Total Strava'd was just under 30 miles but that includes trains. I guesstimate about 7 ish miles walked judging by my legs...
No chance for a Boris Bike, unfortunately.. Next time hopefully.
Tube back to the car in Highgate after a great day out.

😊

Excellent & evocative pic's. Enjoyed reading that.

PeteXXX

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
An hour out early with my gorgeous, 8 month old Cairn Terrier. As I do every Morning…..

Disturbed the local Heron having his breakfast (Pond picture). Other than that just lovely to be out early enjoying the World and spending time with my girl 😎

Attachments

• IMG_4081.jpeg
    IMG_4081.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4281.jpeg
    IMG_4281.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4289.jpeg
    IMG_4289.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4274.jpeg
    IMG_4274.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran

PeteXXX

Today's walk was me avoiding shopping 😂
I volunteered to take granddaughter's Cockerpoo puppy & Bonnie for a walk around the nature reserve behind Rushden Lakes retail park..

Screenshot_20240710-141359~2.png

I reckon we had much more fun getting muddy feet (and paws) then MrsPete and granddaughter!

DSC_5019.JPG

Back to the Boardwalk..

DSC_5035.JPG

Just time for a coffee before meeting up with bag laden ladies!

3½ miles with a bit of sun, a bit of drizzle & a bit of heavier rain but definitely much better than shopping!

Top Bottom