Your Weakness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Look at where you want to go, not the hedge you are worried about, because you will end up in it!!

Elder Noodlette had her first driving lesson last week and once she came home I asked her how it went. She replied that it's much more difficult than riding a bike cos she was looking at where she was going but still went in a straight line...the instructor reminded her she needed to turn the steering wheel in time, thankfully :laugh:

oldroadman

Veteran
Elder Noodlette had her first driving lesson last week and once she came home I asked her how it went. She replied that it's much more difficult than riding a bike cos she was looking at where she was going but still went in a straight line...the instructor reminded her she needed to turn the steering wheel in time, thankfully :laugh:

Strange feeling trying to lean a car into a corner.....:whistle:

fimm

Veteran
I remember being in a group practicing cornering on the flat and having awful problems keeping with the group as we got out of the corner. The person coaching us kept telling me to "keep up" - I think he thought I was being too cautious through the corner, or something. I felt at the time that it was more of an inablilty to power out of the corner (I was the only woman in that group, and although I cannot not use my gender as an excuse I did wonder if it was a power thing). It sounds like one could train to improve that, anyway.

To be honest, although there are oportunites to take part in races for women here (and the odd training day) I've never got round to giving it a go... I do find even being in a training bunch quite scary enough! Running and triathlon don't have the same competence issues/learning curve.

PhunkyPhil

Regular
You need to buy or rent a power meter to fully realise what your strengths or weaknesses are as you can build up your power profile and it will identify where your weaknesses are and then you can target the training towards improving these specific areas.

You can also use it to help identify what cadence you should be using as everybody is different.

My personal weakness if going into corners in a bunch as I'm not confident about holding the road.

Top Bottom