Your Worst Music Concert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Bournemouth are a top flight band, and in effect the house band for our concert hall in Bristol. Seen them
many times and they really are excellent - usually

Indeed. I've seen them a few times and they are good. It was only the last piece (the Emperor) that involved the soloist. He'd already been discombobulated on finding he'd been seated alarmingly close to the edge of the stage - cue lots of shuffling about (orchestral maneouvres), and dragging the piano and stool to a safer location.

Sharky

Guru
Just remembered an occasion back in 1970 or so. One of my old school chums was studying at one of the London Uni's and every wednesday, they had an informal music evening. It was their practice to invite any "real" celebrities to perform at their venue, not really expecting them to turn up. So on this occasion, I met him there for the evening and to everybody's surprise, a guest singer, instantly recognisable started singing. It was Stevie Wonder!

A great couple of songs before he departed and as I was standing by the exit, shook his hand as he left.

OP
OP
Sterlo

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Not the full concert (Manics if I recall), but the support act were so awful, it's the only time I've ever walked out. I like to give the support some attention in case you miss a gem. For the life of me, I can never remember what they were called but they were a Leeds band who were apparently quite big in America at the time???

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Not the full concert (Manics if I recall), but the support act were so awful, it's the only time I've ever walked out. I like to give the support some attention in case you miss a gem. For the life of me, I can never remember what they were called but they were a Leeds band who were apparently quite big in America at the time???

The Kaiser Chiefs? They are another totally rubbish band. My friend was friends with Peanut( one of the band) and even he didnt like the music.

richardfm

Veteran
Pink Floyd at Wembley Arena when they were touring the Animals album.
They came on stage, played music from Wish You Were Here, Roger Waters said "We're going to take a break now", they went off for a bit, came back and played Animals, went off, came back and played a couple of tracks from Dark Side of The Moon.
The only interaction with the audience was "We're going to take a break". They played the music exactly as it is on the albums. I could have stayed at home and played the albums in a darkened room with the volume turned up and had the same experience.
Maybe not the worst concert, but memorably disappointing.

KiterStu

Gang Green a couple of weeks ago and at the Black Heart in Camden. Chris Doherty is not a well man and it was like he wasn’t there, he can hardly sing or stand up, the guy has serious health issues and really shouldn’t be on stage

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
A schoolfriend had a jazz-funk band (at 14) and invited a load of us to his house for a concert.

He got a nosebleed halfway through the first number and cancelled the rest.

albion

Guru

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVhWQhjtaMg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHvFOAGJ8k

Two timeless tracks. Winter Song is probably their most compelling.

Top Bottom