You're crazy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
palinurus said:
Soon as we get a lovely spring day I'm going to try "you drove in? in this weather?"

Unless it snows again, in which case I'll start sooner.

Must try that,Quality !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
skudupnorth said:
I got told off by my Mum for riding in all this weather......i'm 43 !!!!!!!

The old comment...which is still very true.....

No such thing as bad weather.....bad clothing.... :ohmy:

I had a hoot on the 5th of Jan when everything went nuts with snow....:ohmy:

Debian

Moodyman said:
I feel like I’ve seen the light, whereas they’re still living in the dark. There seems to be a certain paradox with cycling. I normally find that if I do an activity long enough, I get sick of it. With cycling, the more I ride, the more I want to ride. I’ve often nipped out for a ride in my lunch hour.

Thought I was the only one who felt like this! :evil: At least it seems like it sometimes.

I can't believe I'm actually wanting it to snow tomorrow as forecast, just so I can cycle to work in it again.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
fossyant said:
The old comment...which is still very true.....

No such thing as bad weather.....bad clothing.... :evil:

I had a hoot on the 5th of Jan when everything went nuts with snow....:evil:

Yep,lovely and toasty during all the poo weather....thankyou santa for my new Seal Skinz !

eddiemee

It does amaze me how some people choose to drive short distances, but will then spend extra time (and money) driving to the gym to stay fit. I commute six miles each way, but some people drive half that distance yet moan about their lack of fitness and claim they don't have the time to fit exercise into their day.

Don't get too many of the 'you're crazy' comments any more, though had one or two raised eyebrows when I showed up on time for work every day last week when some of those living closer and coming on the same route couldn't drive in because of the snow (hmm!)

Zippy

The first thing I noticed was that feeling that my front wheel was locked at the wrong angle, but it wasn’t and the feeling went away after the first mile, then I was aware that my saddle was too low so my legs were not straightening out on the way round making my thighs ache – couldn’t be bothered to stop and adjust so I pressed on. Gears and brakes were remarkably smooth and gave me no problems considering I had rebuilt them. Nearly there and I felt like I needed holes in the bottoms of both lungs so I could just continue to breathe in without having to breathe out and I felt like my guts were about to explode. Too many clothes on, too hot. Surprising how quickly I re-learned how to snap into and out of my SPDs – that’s good. Finally cruising across the works car park; home and happy. Throat burning from hard breathing. Need a tea and a cool water.

My mum always said I was One of a Kind. I am Borg. I am re-assimilated into the Collective! I’m not as pretty as 7 of 9 though. Thanks to MoodyMan for doing the necessary yesterday to get me back in the saddle. J

Top Bottom