You're doing it wrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A thread for images of bike-related cock-ups you might happen upon; original content please :smile:

The rear mudguard in this local Triban was the inspiration for this thread:

IMG_20240206_140633.jpg

... while I shot this image when I was at uni; it can still be found in an image search for "bike lock fail" 20+ years after having originally been released into the wild :smile:

06167ad5598d6ad204e8--locks-demotivational-posters.jpg

What have you seen that undermined your faith in the mental capacity of the cycling public?

presta

Guru
The kid who resprayed his bike. All Over. Tyres, wheels, sprocket, chain, the lot. The only bits he missed were saddle, pedals & handgrips, so I assumed he wanted to ride it before the paint was dry. Or he ran out of masking tape.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The kid who resprayed his bike. All Over. Tyres, wheels, sprocket, chain, the lot. The only bits he missed were saddle, pedals & handgrips, so I assumed he wanted to ride it before the paint was dry. Or he ran out of masking tape.

... or he rode it before it was dry :tongue:

A thread for images of bike-related cock-ups you might happen upon; original content please :smile:

View attachment 720977

... while I shot this image when I was at uni; it can still be found in an image search for "bike lock fail" 20+ years after having originally been released into the wild :smile:

View attachment 720981

What have you seen that undermined your faith in the mental capacity of the cycling public?

I think that Triban would work better with a chain on too.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I think that Triban would work better with a chain on too.

Ah, they took it off, covered it in plastic and used it as a bike lock. They then deflated the tyre as another anti-theft tactic. ;)

roley poley

Über Member
i learned to cycle by absorbing the cronks that were handed down to me by elder family members ..rode them through muck and back streets and fettled as catch can ...i learned basic mechanics with a monkey wrench and pliers and have"improved "to the state i am now in after 50 years ..you have to start somewhere and be willing to improve ..mine was trial and plenty of error to start with ..you can learn to evolve if you have a need or enthusiasm to do so :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

View attachment 720977

View attachment 720981

Mudguard doesn’t really matter, there’s no chain

Top Bottom