smeg
Guru
- Location
- Isle of Wight
Looks there's a few leftie tree hugging types on here that view the world through rose-tinted specs. Forgive my un-PC-ness. I haven't got my head up my own ass either thanks, neither am I an old fart being mid 30's.
smeg said:Looks there's a few leftie tree hugging types on here that view the world through rose-tinted specs. Forgive my un-PC-ness. I haven't got my head up my own ass either thanks, neither am I an old fart being mid 30's.
smeg said:Looks there's a few leftie tree hugging types on here that view the world through rose-tinted specs. Forgive my un-PC-ness. I haven't got my head up my own ass either thanks, neither am I an old fart being mid 30's.

Miquel In De Rain said:A motorbike has better brakes?

Crankarm said:To the motorcyclist : "If you can't keep up then take some of those pizzas off the back."
Of the "dumbass" teenager on the crap bike I sympathise as they are even more unpredictable than the 10 year old taking the family mutt for a walk. Just one word though on low or saddleless bikes and tarring all teenagers with the same brush, well two words actually:
Danny MaCaskill
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmEESQkEnlU&NR=1

smeg said:That's a bit vague to say the least, how fast is too fast? Who says I was going at a speed in an unsafe manner in which I couldn't safely stop? Or was that just meant as an example rather than directed at me personally?
HJ said:One what grounds do you come to the conclusion that a motorbike has better brakes? Both sets of brakes work by friction, a motorbike may have brakes with a larger surface area, but then it is also heavier. Is there some law of physics which makes the brakes on motorised transport more effective than that on non-motorised transport??![]()
Who cares.I was trying to make a point but I made it in the wrong way.I wonder what the stopping distances are anyway between a bike and a motorbike at the same speed.Say 30mph.
The badger stopped for a second looking towards me/my lights as I was braking (back wheel skidded a bit) and then carried on running across the road. They don't half move those badgers, it came out of nowhere. They have a habit of doing that to me, they dart across the cycle track too some nights. I would have just about stopped in time if it hadn't have moved out of the way, wouldn't have liked to have been on my MTB though with it's slick tyres, the roads are wet from the drizzle.