"You're going too fast!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
smeg

smeg

Looks there's a few leftie tree hugging types on here that view the world through rose-tinted specs. Forgive my un-PC-ness. I haven't got my head up my own ass either thanks, neither am I an old fart being mid 30's.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
smeg said:
Looks there's a few leftie tree hugging types on here that view the world through rose-tinted specs. Forgive my un-PC-ness. I haven't got my head up my own ass either thanks, neither am I an old fart being mid 30's.

So we get classed as a certain type of person due to the fact we have an opinion which you don't agree to?

Im sure I saw that in your original post when you were having a go at kids riding "silly bikes".

Of the "dumbass" teenager on the crap bike I sympathise as they are even more unpredictable than the 10 year old taking the family mutt for a walk. Just one word though on low or saddleless bikes and tarring all teenagers with the same brush, well two words actually:

So what would you expect them to be riding then?

The newest bike with all the campaq gear?

Cubist

Still wavin'
smeg said:

Oh brilliant. Some of us post a reply suggesting you were stereotyping and you come back with what you hope will be a provocative and insulting reply. Welcome to the forum. :sad:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Miquel In De Rain said:
A motorbike has better brakes?

One what grounds do you come to the conclusion that a motorbike has better brakes? Both sets of brakes work by friction, a motorbike may have brakes with a larger surface area, but then it is also heavier. Is there some law of physics which makes the brakes on motorised transport more effective than that on non-motorised transport?? :biggrin:

Crankarm said:
To the motorcyclist : "If you can't keep up then take some of those pizzas off the back :biggrin::laugh::tongue:."

Of the "dumbass" teenager on the crap bike I sympathise as they are even more unpredictable than the 10 year old taking the family mutt for a walk. Just one word though on low or saddleless bikes and tarring all teenagers with the same brush, well two words actually:

Danny MaCaskill

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmEESQkEnlU&NR=1

Danny is coming to York this weekend for the York Festival Of Cycling :smile:

smeg said:
That's a bit vague to say the least, how fast is too fast? Who says I was going at a speed in an unsafe manner in which I couldn't safely stop? Or was that just meant as an example rather than directed at me personally?

As a general point....

For instance there is a road on my commute that has good tarmac, and is easily doable at 25 on the trike, but I know there is a shortcut between the local estate and Tesco that crosses here, so never do more than about 15 as it is highly likely someone is going to walk out.

There is the judgment, even with twin front discs stopping at 25 would not be possible but at 15 is achievable......

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
HJ said:
One what grounds do you come to the conclusion that a motorbike has better brakes? Both sets of brakes work by friction, a motorbike may have brakes with a larger surface area, but then it is also heavier. Is there some law of physics which makes the brakes on motorised transport more effective than that on non-motorised transport?? xx(

Yeah pretty stupid eh?:biggrin: Who cares.I was trying to make a point but I made it in the wrong way.I wonder what the stopping distances are anyway between a bike and a motorbike at the same speed.Say 30mph.

Saying that tonight,There I was walking with my shopping,on the pavement see a cyclist coming towards me with another pedestrian walking from the other direction.So I just stop dead because it's obvious this cyclist is not going to stop or slow down .I was right he didn't.Hardly gave me any space as he passed me either.

OP
OP
smeg

smeg

I just had a massive great big badger run straight across the road whilst going down a hill (in the dark) just before I got back home. I don't know who was more startled and surprised me or the badger. xx( The badger stopped for a second looking towards me/my lights as I was braking (back wheel skidded a bit) and then carried on running across the road. They don't half move those badgers, it came out of nowhere. They have a habit of doing that to me, they dart across the cycle track too some nights. I would have just about stopped in time if it hadn't have moved out of the way, wouldn't have liked to have been on my MTB though with it's slick tyres, the roads are wet from the drizzle.

...and before you ask no I wasn't going too fast! :biggrin:

Top Bottom