you're meant to wear a vest!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
beanzontoast said:
Worst of it is, we have 2. Mrs Beanz has one just like it. I'm trying to convince her that mine is on its last legs a shiny new camera phone would make a nice present for her birthday next week.

My sister-in-law is the mobile equivalent of the 'Soup Nazi' in Seinfeld, so I am constantly kept appraised of the 'rubbishness' of my mobile. I think there's an inverse snobbery/anti-capitalist outlaw bent to having an ageing, scratched-up mobile made of valves, although I draw the line at living in a cabin and making bombs out of twigs and my own faeces and sending them to Steve Jobs........perhaps I'm going into too much detail there

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bollo said:
...although I draw the line at living in a cabin and making bombs out of twigs and my own faeces and sending them to Steve Jobs........

An attitude which does you credit, I'm sure we can agree.

spindrift

I don't think Tony ever used a cosh. A gun, yes. And ant killer on Joe Pantolgliano, a shotgun on Steve Buscemi and his fists on the black assassins. Don't recall a cosh.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
spindrift said:
I don't think Tony ever used a cosh. A gun, yes. And ant killer on Joe Pantolgliano, a shotgun on Steve Buscemi and his fists on the black assassins. Don't recall a cosh.

I seem remember that Mr S did give someone some 'physical advice' courtesy of his mobile early in season one, but I'm buggered if I can recall the details.

John the Monkey said:
Returning to the op, the unspoken subtext of such comments is, of course "...and therefore it's ok for me to drive like ****."

Oooh, if you must. It's all part of the great in-group/out-group divide between people in cars and people on bikes (deliberately avoiding the terms 'motorists' and 'cyclists'). As a member of an in group, he feels he is expressing society's righteous anger towards a member of the out group. You can do no right, he can do no wrong. You're fair game.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Bollo said:
I seem remember that Mr S did give someone some 'physical advice' courtesy of his mobile early in season one, but I'm buggered if I can recall the details.

Oooh, if you must. It's all part of the great in-group/out-group divide between people in cars and people on bikes (deliberately avoiding the terms 'motorists' and 'cyclists'). As a member of an in group, he feels he is expressing society's righteous anger towards a member of the out group. You can do no right, he can do no wrong. You're fair game.

Nice segue - the brutalising Tony Soprano to Social Identity Theory in a single post... :blush:

Top Bottom