You're on a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Catrike UK said:
This morning on the ride in I was in a strong primary as the inside of the lane was as rough as guts, I got to some lights and a car driver asked, "why were you riding in front of me?", I replied "because I got there first, it's a little quirk in the laws of time and space", blank look from the moton, reminded me of Mags video of the Audi driver, I had to wait for a minute as I was laughing.

:tongue:

toekneep

I once got a "nice legs" from a bunch of teenage girls. My instinct was to look around to see who they might be shouting at. :tongue: Mostly I just get the usual: "wahogggeeeeummm" or something like that.

dav1d

toekneep said:
I once got a "nice legs" from a bunch of teenage girls. My instinct was to look around to see who they might be shouting at. :blush: Mostly I just get the usual: "wahogggeeeeummm" or something like that.

I got the same once from teenage girls. Also, I got a puncture in Stockport once, so stopped at a bus stop to fix it (which I didn't manage to as the patches were crap!), some girls asked if I'd got a puncture, so I said yes. Everytime I got an item out of my bag, they would turn it into a a suggestive comment, such as "Ooh, he's got his pump out." and "He's come prepared", innocent enough comments really, but it was the way they said them.
Two women were once actually having a discussion about my legs, "Look at those nice legs in those shorts". Was a bit self conscious at the time, having only just started wearing cycling shorts, so that helped!:biggrin:

My old Pegeot Carbolite was a great source of amusement for chavs. "S*** bike mate" was one of the first comments, I replied something I can't remember, and got a puncture right at that moment!;)
Some chavs booed me in their car on Wilmslow Road to make me jump - I didn't, that road is terrible so I expect idiot drivers.
And someone else started singing "I want to ride my bicycle".
Thought of a cheeky comment afterwards "Well maybe if you did, you wouldn't be so fat!"

potsy

Rambler
dav1d;1258636[B]]I got the same once from teenage girls. Also said:
Two women were once actually having a discussion about my legs, "Look at those nice legs in those shorts". Was a bit self conscious at the time, having only just started wearing cycling shorts, so that helped!:blush:

My old Pegeot Carbolite was a great source of amusement for chavs. "S*** bike mate" was one of the first comments, I replied something I can't remember, and got a puncture right at that moment!;)
Some chavs booed me in their car on Wilmslow Road to make me jump - I didn't, that road is terrible so I expect idiot drivers.
Thought of a cheeky comment afterwards "Well maybe if you did, you wouldn't be so fat!"
That's quite tame for Stockport girls;) I tend to get the more abusive shouting from passengers in cars,especially when going home at 10pm.No idea what they shout but it amuses them:angry:[/B]

rusky

CC Addict
I can't be credited for this but...

Guy speeds past cyclist & proceeds to rant at cyclist for holding him up (ironic really as the cyclist caught him at the next red light!).

Driver has his better half in the passenger seat & she's looking embarrassed.

Cyclist looks at girl & asks "Is he this impatient in bed too?"!!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Most people who try a bit of chicken with me end up being the chickens when they see a whirling chainsaw on the front come towards them. I had one tonight actually, who followed up with threatening to voodoo me if I put her on youtube. LMAO!

rusky

CC Addict
BentMikey said:
Most people who try a bit of chicken with me end up being the chickens when they see a whirling chainsaw on the front come towards them. I had one tonight actually, who followed up with threatening to voodoo me if I put her on youtube. LMAO!

Do you have a link to the youtube clip?? :laugh:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Haven't even looked at the camera yet mate. I hope it's on there, it was well funny.

I had a comment about 2 weeks ago, I had rode into Glastonbury,and it started to rain.
I went into a shop,this bloke seen me and said is it raining I wish I had thought quicker and said no not really went for a swim in the River Brue :smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Iainj837 said:
I had a comment about 2 weeks ago, I had rode into Glastonbury,and it started to rain.
I went into a shop,this bloke seen me and said is it raining I wish I had thought quicker and said no not really went for a swim in the River Brue :smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Variation, I am often asked in relation to cycling, "what happens when it rains", so I reply "atmospheric water vapour condenses into droplets that have enough specific mass and density to fall to earth".

jimboalee

dav1d said:
I got the same once from teenage girls. Also, I got a puncture in Stockport once, so stopped at a bus stop to fix it (which I didn't manage to as the patches were crap!), some girls asked if I'd got a puncture, so I said yes. Everytime I got an item out of my bag, they would turn it into a a suggestive comment, such as "Ooh, he's got his pump out." and "He's come prepared", innocent enough comments really, but it was the way they said them.
Two women were once actually having a discussion about my legs, "Look at those nice legs in those shorts". Was a bit self conscious at the time, having only just started wearing cycling shorts, so that helped!:tongue:

My old Pegeot Carbolite was a great source of amusement for chavs. "S*** bike mate" was one of the first comments, I replied something I can't remember, and got a puncture right at that moment!:smile:

This happened to me. A trio of schoolgirls asked me "Have you got a puncture?" in a girlie voice.
My response was "I seem to get holes on all my rubber parts." "Hey, you look just like a young woman I knew once".

NigC

Catrike UK said:
Variation, I am often asked in relation to cycling, "what happens when it rains", so I reply "atmospheric water vapour condenses into droplets that have enough specific mass and density to fall to earth".

I wish I had that kind of imagination. All I could think of would be: "I get wet!" :smile:

I got called out at, by a pedestrian, this morning.

She said "thank you". :smile:

She said "thank you" because I'd hung back behind her on the 50-yard stretch of bridleway which is part of my commute. She was with two small children and I try not to alarm parents with small children. To get such a clear and unembarrassed vote of thanks from a pedestrian, is relatively rare. Small inconvenience to me, and a big lift to discover there are still nice people around...

You see, there are some good things in life too!

Ste T.

Guru
re post#11
If you think thats racist you want to try riding a bike with ginger hair. The latest one the other day ," You should be nearer the kerb you ginger tw@t"
Oh how I laughed. I get it all the time. We are the last racially diverse group you can legally abuse. Come the ginger revolution my friends, then we'll see....

Top Bottom