YouTube Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Omniscient

Is there any particular YouTube cyclist that you prefer watching? I love to watch CycleGaz and Sonofthewindsinc. They're both great commuters and have been teaching me a lot about cycling. As I'm only 16, I don't really understand the highway code and "etiquette" of the road that much so they're a great way to learn.

It's also funny to see them get angry when a car overtakes them badly, especially CycleGaz.

Might be worth getting a copy of the highway code and having a read. School / college or public library should have a copy, cyclecraft is worth a read too.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Another recommendation for cyclecraft- also depending on which London Borough you're in you might be able to get free or subsidised cycle instructor teach you on the road. Google is your friend in that case- council websites will have more info

musa

Über Member
Just to add to Ttcycle. With these council run scheme you could also get a bike mechanics course for free so you learn to do maintenance jobs on your bike too.

OP
OP
Omniscient

Omniscient

Yeah, the highway code isn't that much of a problem. Just going to have to make time and sit down and get a bit of research done.

Anyone else have someone they watch on YouTube that has a GoPro?

OP
OP
Omniscient

Omniscient

I keep thinking of getting one for the motorbike.
If you ever do, give premises187 a gander.

A list of cyclists using cameras can be found here - http://www.cyclecamera.tv/list-of-video-camera-cyclists/
Thanks, Gaz.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Just to add to Ttcycle. With these council run scheme you could also get a bike mechanics course for free so you learn to do maintenance jobs on your bike too.

not offered in all boroughs and not always free-it varies according to provisions in each separate council.

musa

Über Member
Premises187 cracks me up

I think cyclingmikey of this parish is a gopro user I Know sotw inc has one

It got a really good review on the gadget show albeit bulky in design

If you ever do, give premises187 a gander.

I'm familiar with Premises 187, he's got quite a quick temper on him and occasionally pushes a bad position, but having ridden in Uxbridge, Slough and Reading city centres on a regular basis I can imagine that occasionally you have no choice without being forced down a wrong route.

being in rural Lancashire now I have much more option of chilling out and letting things happen up the road in front of me with lots of time to react.

Sandra6

Veteran
I love silly cyclists courtesy of Gaz.
I don't "follow" anyone else but quite often click on the other links that pop up when I've watched silly cyclists.
Was it Cycling Mikey who called the guy a "donkey"??? Loved that. He's the one with the lolly sticks isn't he??

Top Bottom