youtube video problem??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
i used to be able to watch youtube videos ok,now i get a message saying "you either have javascript turned off or an old version of adobe flash player" there is a link to get the latest flash player but it wont load.Can anyone help me??Dont baffle me with technology as im not to good with the PC

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
is it at home or work?

mac os or windows or linux?

try visiting the downloads section of the adobe.com website. it may be that you are not logged on as an administrator in windows (mac os will ask for authorisation), which would prevent the update loading.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
at home,Windows,by clicking on the link i was taken straight to the adoibe site download page,but nothing happens when i click on download.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
have you checked that your pc meets the system requirements for upgrade ie what version of windows does it need, how much system memory (ram) etc. see if your pc is maybe a bit old/under specced for the new version of the flash player.

hopefully someone with a more in depth knowledge of windows will be along soon, i'm a mac person myself.

Shaun

Founder
If you're using IE7 you can double-click the bottom right toolbar "Internet | Protected Mode: On" to change the security settings - if they're set to High, try changing them to Medium and see if it helps.

Cheers,
Shaun

Top Bottom