You've heard of Elf on the Shelf but have you heard of (cycling related).....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Nowadays we have these useful things called internet search engines. These can be employed to good effect, should a person wish to avoid any suspicion of indulging in ignorance signalling.
The flip-side is, that thanks to google, everybody appears to know absolutely everything which is also clearly nonsense. I don't think it's ignorance signalling at all, just being honest about what you know and don't (without googling). I think that's a good thing. Also, I'm hoping the OP will explain to us....

Fab Foodie

jesusbicycle.png

Fab Foodie

It contains an large element of "I don't know about this because it is beneath me, and I want to tell everyone that it is beneath me"

That aside, the rules of the game appear to be that you find or doctor a photo to show a famous person in a cycling context, with a one line description that rhymes with their name. So Ike on a bike follows elf on a shelf, whatever that means.
Agreed, that's an assumption however which may or may not apply in all or any cases. This debate is more interesting than 'Elf on a Shelf' though....

View attachment 375801

Icicle on a bicycle

Cheddar George

oober member
Agreed, that's an assumption however which may or may not apply in all or any cases. This debate is more interesting than 'Elf on a Shelf' though....

I had never heard of "Elf on a Shelf", should i .......
a) Declare my ignorance and ask what it is ?
b) Google it and then engage with the thread.

It is interesting as we live in age where many conversations, forum threads and pub debates can be killed stone dead by a quick google.

Top Bottom