Yuck..looks horrid out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cranky

Cancelled a planned 50 mile hilly ride with two of my companions today after seeing thick frost at 9am and teletext weather forecast of 0 degrees all day.

I don't mind cycling in most weather, but ice and hills in combination is where I step off.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Clearly the weather here in Norfolk is more favourable than for the rest of you. It was 3 degrees with no ice on the road apart from some puddles (although it's not too much of an issue with the trike anyway). Still I wouldn't have gone out if not to hit my Cyclogs target.

dodgy

I don't think it's going to get any warmer out there for at least the next 5 days or so. Off work, too :evil:

barq

I'm just about managing a ride every other day at the moment. No great distance mind you because the cold really does penetrate and I hate having cold toes. :evil:

Mr Pig

I dragged the kids out for a walk over the hills this afternoon. It was lovely, the mud was frozen so easy to walk on and the kids liked chucking stones onto the frozen loch. All drinking hot chocolate as we speak :0)

Another who succumbed to the hot choc this afternoon. Tomorrow's forecast says Derby is going to hit the dizzy heights of +1 in the daytime. This may not be enough to get me out on my bike I fear.

D

Deleted member 1258

Was out yesterday, went down to the Cafe at Willoughby, did 47 miles, was not planning to go out today. When I got up this morning and seen the fog and ice I was glad I did not need to go out. Been below freezing all day.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm glad I've got the dog this week as it's keeping me off the icy roads.

Had some wonderful walks so far, this weather is perfect for walking - all the mud and peat bogs are frozen solid.

Top Bottom