Yuk - worst job ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been putting it off for ages but just finished one of the worst household jobs you can imagine, cleaning out a stuck saniflo :biggrin: :sad: xx(

One of the hottest days of the year and it decides this is the day it decides to finally stop pumping.

Shaun

Founder
:biggrin: indeed.

Chrisz

Über Member
My worst job ever was whilst I was at Uni - I worked in the abattoir of a local wildlife park - days spent chopping up dead (and often slightly rotten) cow/horse/whatever carcasses (with a chain saw - bits spray everywhere) to feed the park's lions, tigers, wolves etc. :biggrin:

battered

Guru
That *does* sound grim. I've been in an abattoir for meat for human consumption and that's pretty unpleasant, one for condemned carcasses is even worse.

Have you heard about the new guy at the zoo? He has to feed all the animals, an old hand tells him how to carry on. The basic advice is "if anything goes wrong, throw it to the lions, lions eat anything". Off he goes, cleaning out the tropical fish, but he spills the water and by the time he's sorted it out a few are dead. The old hand says "never mind son, just be careful next time, throw the fish to the lions, lions eat anything." On they go, cleaning stuff out, feeding animals. He fouls up again in the chimpanzee enclosure, reverses a tractor over a few while they are eating. "bloody hell" says the experienced chimp minder,"take it easy with the tractor. Look, get them in with the lions before the boss sees. The lions will be fine, lions eat anything." On they go, into the beekeeping section. Unfortunately in here the bees swarm, he gets stung and loses his temper. Next news is that he's smashed the hive and about 1000 bees have been stamped on, they are stamped to a pulp. No surprise where the debris goes. Lions eat anything.

Later that day a new lion is delivered from another zoo. He asks one of the existing lions about the food. "Not bad really, fairly varied. Today was good, we've had fish, chimps and mushy bees!":biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've had to clean out a blocked sewer pipe in my back garden. It was a vertical clay pipe that I had to dug a crater down to. To clean it out it was a case of putting my arm down and scooping the poo out.
The gag reflex held out until I my whole arm, right up to my shoulder, was in the poo.

wafflycat

HLaB said:
There was that daft series on the Discovery Channel a while back 'the worst jobs in history'; there were quite a few bad ones but the one that sticks in my mind is the Royal @rse Wiper for Henry the 8th.

They've just reshown the one where Tony Wotsit is retching like mad as he pours the stale urine into the barrel with the wool cloth and then he gets in, barefoot, to tread on the cloth. The combination of stale urine and treading removes the grease from the wool and closes up the weave to make a stronger, more dense cloth suitable for making into clothes. It was 'interesting'

c2c

redredrobin
battered said:
That *does* sound grim. I've been in an abattoir for meat for human consumption and that's pretty unpleasant, one for condemned carcasses is even worse.

Have you heard about the new guy at the zoo? He has to feed all the animals, an old hand tells him how to carry on. The basic advice is "if anything goes wrong, throw it to the lions, lions eat anything". Off he goes, cleaning out the tropical fish, but he spills the water and by the time he's sorted it out a few are dead. The old hand says "never mind son, just be careful next time, throw the fish to the lions, lions eat anything." On they go, cleaning stuff out, feeding animals. He fouls up again in the chimpanzee enclosure, reverses a tractor over a few while they are eating. "bloody hell" says the experienced chimp minder,"take it easy with the tractor. Look, get them in with the lions before the boss sees. The lions will be fine, lions eat anything." On they go, into the beekeeping section. Unfortunately in here the bees swarm, he gets stung and loses his temper. Next news is that he's smashed the hive and about 1000 bees have been stamped on, they are stamped to a pulp. No surprise where the debris goes. Lions eat anything.

Later that day a new lion is delivered from another zoo. He asks one of the existing lions about the food. "Not bad really, fairly varied. Today was good, we've had fish, chimps and mushy bees!":biggrin:

i like that..lol...........fish, chimps, and mushy bees......lol

battered

Guru
Glad you like the joke! It just popped up.

On historically horrific jobs, cloth and leather processing used to be truly dreadful. Leather processing used dog and human faeces for part of the process, I don't know what, and human urine used to be saved and used in cloth processing as posted earlier.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thats fulling, they used to go round the village collecting urine but they always started at the Methodists becuse they didnt drink beer so their urine was more concentrated:

Sorry, funny Belgian keyboard:

Brains

Legendary Member
battered said:
Glad you like the joke! It just popped up.

On historically horrific jobs, cloth and leather processing used to be truly dreadful. Leather processing used dog and human faeces for part of the process, I don't know what, and human urine used to be saved and used in cloth processing as posted earlier.

... and now you know why many villages have a house somewhere well away from the rest of the village, and downstream of the village stream and water supply called something like 'The Old Tan House' or Tan Cottage

Top Bottom