Zappa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Frank Zappa deserves his own thread IMHO..

I was lucky enough to have seen him on stage once. Brilliant musician, but certainly not Mainstream.
One of the best 'live' has got to be Muffin Man...

Hot Rats, especially Willie the Pimp, with Captain Beefheart on vocals, has got to be my all time favourite album...

:smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Ship arrives too late...class. Lumpy gravy...genius.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's only one album I have managed to enjoy in his catalogue and that's Live In New York.
I have listed to a good few others but it just doesn't happen.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mate I lodged with in the early 90s had every album ..I couldn't get into Zappa no matter what I tried to enhance its appeal...

Louisiana hooker with herpies ..

GM

Legendary Member
I think I must be one of the last people to see him live on stage in the UK. It was at the Rainbow when he got pushed off the stage and broke his back. Great gig, and agree Hot Rats is brilliant album.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had a ticket to see him many years ago.
He suffered major injuries when he was pushed off the stage, by a fan, in 1971. All further dates on the tour were cancelled. Mine being one of them.:sad:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I saw Zappa and the Mothers of Invention at their Hyde Park gig in 1969(?). Great afternoon out..

Zappa does seem to be a bit marmite, eh.. :tongue:

iandg

Legendary Member
Saw him at Bingley Hall, Stafford 1977.

Last edited:

Maenchi

StoneDog
the Knebworth gig was good, fav albums. shut up and play yer guitar, guitar.......and quite a few others with lyrics, Zappa figured frequently with a lot of people I knew so I got force fed a lot of his music, which was cool with me.......just great....:okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think Roxy & Elsewhere is my favourite album, possibly... it's hard to say. I prefer his 70's stuff to the 80s and 60s, and prefer the early/mid 70s.

Never seen Zappa live bit did see ZPZ on their first tour, with Steve Vai and Napoleon Murphy Brock as guests... that was truly awesome.

Top Bottom