Zaskar build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
well, it must be 18 months now that the 1991 zaskar frame and 95% of the parts needed have been sat doing nothing.​
One of the more difficult parts to find has been the rear brake bosses, @I like Skol sent me a pair that I was hopeful would fit but unfortunately not ,eventually a titanium pair was sourced from germany . a start has been made on the build image.jpeg
The original manitou forks are on
Followed by the stem image.jpeg
Followed by bars shimano xt brake levers and shifters
image.jpeg
To be continued.....

Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
Zaslar? Don't you mean Zaskar.
I had one it is one of those wish I never sold it bikes.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I think I can spy that all important flat end cap on the cross bar! A really nice project. The original hooligan frame and some top notch components. What's not to like?

That old XT stuff lasts really well. I still have some original stuff on my old bike! Did you strike lucky with the forks? What elastomer material is in them? I have some original Tange Shock Blades that need new elastomers!

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I think I can spy that all important flat end cap on the cross bar! A really nice project. The original hooligan frame and some top notch components. What's not to like?

That old XT stuff lasts really well. I still have some original stuff on my old bike! Did you strike lucky with the forks? What elastomer material is in them? I have some original Tange Shock Blades that need new elastomers!

yeah the flat end cap is there, The forks still have the original box and have all three elastomers present, red blue and yellow,the blue ones are in at the moment i think

Last edited:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
That model XT rear mech has to be the best looking rear mech to be fitted to a mountain bike. There were a couple of Campagnolo off road groupsets but it if you combine visuals with the fact it works, the XT edges it.

Top Bottom