Zenwatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another way to remove money from the gullible.

This. And it looks like a cheap load of shite too.

I thought it was this http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZenWatch-WI500Q-Android-Smart/dp/B00SLLHRK6
if so, I hadn't really considered a smartwatch until these last 3 weeks when on a course the tutor had the iphone and iphone watch, I thought it was excellent how he was checking emails from the watch and was able to stop the phone ringing from the watch, obviously it dose more but it seemed a good product....
I have a Sony one (Christmas present not requested). It's actually quite useful (given my current health issues). If I fall and can't reach the phone, I can call a preset number from it by tapping it a couple of times. When the phone is tied in to the car's Bluetooth I can also answer calls by simply tapping it when the phone rings and talk normally. I wouldn't have bought one but it does (currently me being as I am) have it's uses. It also tracks my activity though the wheelchair confused the hell out of it because it switched between walking/steps/cycling/transport back and forth constantly!
Thankfully you can now programming it with a quiet period so no calls, texts, alarms or other notifications come through after a certain time!

But I don't know if it has a long term life once I'm out of the wheelchair... It's not something I'd want permanently simply because I do like being away from technology from time to time!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I thought it was this http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZenWatch-WI500Q-Android-Smart/dp/B00SLLHRK6
if so, I hadn't really considered a smartwatch until these last 3 weeks when on a course the tutor had the iphone and iphone watch, I thought it was excellent how he was checking emails from the watch and was able to stop the phone ringing from the watch, obviously it dose more but it seemed a good product....

Unless your course was about smartphones and watches - why did the tutor even have it turned on?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
he gets constant updates/emails from his employer and the college, a lot of them concerning the students ...it wsn't a problem..

Yes it is. It's a distraction from his primary role as a tutor in the classroom/lecture theatre. There's a time and a place for admin and mid lecture is not one of them.

MarkF

Guru
The "Now" Zen watch appears to be a piece of junk worth tuppence, tops. It reminds of those daft signs some people have in their houses, "Eat" in the kitchen, "Love" in the living rooms, crackpots.

The Asus Zen watch, does it do anything any other number of devices cannot? I'd expect it to be obsolete soon and it looks like a £5 market stall special. 24 hour battery life. :laugh: Battery cannot be replaced.:laugh: I could buy a lovely automatic wristwatch for £160 that would last a lifetime.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks nice and does all the right things. Similar to a lot of other Smart watched out there. Charge only lasts 24 hours which is a pain.
And for that instance I would go for a Pebble over the Zen every time.

Top Bottom