Zenwatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LocalLad

What Andy described is the thing that appeals to be about a smart watch. The issue I have is that I'd end up wearing it for cycling and running, and then I'd end up checking stats all the time rather than enjoying myself.

I realise that sounds crazy, but it's what happened when I got a Garmin watch back when I ran a lot, and I know the temptation would be too strong to just leave it at home

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Normal watch. Last Forever if look after it.

Smart watch. Out of date in 18 months ( if it still works) .

andyfraser

Über Member
What Andy described is the thing that appeals to be about a smart watch. The issue I have is that I'd end up wearing it for cycling and running, and then I'd end up checking stats all the time rather than enjoying myself.

I realise that sounds crazy, but it's what happened when I got a Garmin watch back when I ran a lot, and I know the temptation would be too strong to just leave it at home
I use my Garmin only when on a bike. I don't have any cycling apps on my phone and I turned off Google Fit. I never need to look at my watch when riding. :smile:

LocalLad

I use strava, but have my phone where I can't get to it...strapped to my leg when running or a saddle bag when riding. Prefer to not be able to see the stats as i go

Top Bottom