Zepptember

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just spent the late evening listening to Led Zep 1 & 2 whilst supping two bottles of very nice red and chilling out with my best mates of 40 years standing.
Don't get much better than that! :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Tomorrow I'm going to chill out with Presence.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The first albums I ever owned were given to me by my mother’s work colleague. One of them was Floyd Cramers Comin’ On, the other was Led Zep II.

Led Zep II was a revelation to a naive 14 year old boy. I still have the Album, and still listen to it, it’s the only Led Zep album I have. It’s FAB.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
101CollectorsRecords‏ @101andyhibberd 9m9 minutes ago
Fun things to do during Dazed And Confused 1) Hold a cigarette lighter aloft until cramp sets in 2) Nip out to the merch store, buy a beer, have a wee, pop back in to see if Jimmy's stopped yet, buy another beer 3) Finally finish reading War & Peace 4) Lapse into a coma

DmPZJORX0AArut2.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Planet Rock just played a brill live version of Stairway. An electrifying solo from Page.

Was the The Eagles Page went to watch live? After the show he was spotted by an eagle eyed journo, and asked what he thought. "Yeah, they're ok" said the quiet British axe man, "but I don't know why they need four guitarists. I could do all that ln my own." If anyone else had said that we'd have laughed, but when JP says it we must nod sagely.

simonali

Guru
But it helps them play live more convincingly innit. A track like Achilles Last Stand has multiple guitar tracks overlayed on it which sounds great on the record, but when the one guy who played all those tracks tries to replicate it on stage on his own it no worky too good.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
JP doesn't try to recreate the effect on stage. He goes (or went) for the jugular as a live act should, not simply recreating the album track like the Eagles or ELO do.

simonali

Guru
Often for 25 minutes at a time. :popcorn:

Top Bottom