ZIPP hub recall turnaround time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Has anyone had recent experience of sending a ZIPP wheel off under the hub recall program from last year? If so how long did it take to get your wheel back?

I only recently found out about the recall and handed my 404 into Evans Cycles today. The bloke told me it takes around three months to get the wheel back as 'it goes to Portugal if it's afected by the recall'. 3 months does sound a bit excessive.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Sorry, I can't help you. Still, I can use this opportunity to let you know that I am very envious that you have a Zipp wheel at all, when I haven't and probably never will have. I love Zipp wheels.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Some of the SRAM recalls were a long time on their road hydraulic brakes at first !!
This isn't a new recall though. It dates back to February 2015. I only just became aware of it. Unless of course it's beginning to wind down now.

OP
OP
U

User33236

It's not good, what's the issue with your wheels. At least it's off season now (assuming race wheels).
Reports of hub flanges breaking, affects the front hub only.

As you say wheel will be laid up anyway until Spring so best time for it to be away. Just keen to know when I might see it back.

OP
OP
U

User33236

That sounds a bit more realistic. Thanks.

OP
OP
U

User33236

After completely forgetting about this for it finally dawned on me that it was eight weeks to the day since I dropped off my wheel at Evans so I gave them a call for an update.

They called me back within the hour with the news that the wheel got 'lost' in transit between Fisher in the UK and the service centre in Portugal so Fisher are to ship a new, full carbon, 404 to Evans for me. They also offered to ship a matching rear if I had had one. It's like waiting for Christmas now lol.

Top Bottom