Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah borrox. The things we do for family. Youngest brother has been suffering with ankle problems all week and can't drive. Guess who's got school run duty :cursing:. Asks me just as I'm completing my warm up for my last foundation workout :banghead:
It’s like money in the bank. 49 years from now when they are reluctant to smuggle a bottle into the nursing home for you. Remind them of your sacrifice.

peterob

Veteran
Ah borrox. The things we do for family. Youngest brother has been suffering with ankle problems all week and can't drive. Guess who's got school run duty :cursing:. Asks me just as I'm completing my warm up for my last foundation workout :banghead:

How have you found the ftp builder TB? I did the last (threshold) session on Monday and for the first time had to adjust the setting down so that I could complete the last couple of intervals . Totally exhausted at the end of that one.

I’ll find out next week if it has done me any good when I do another ftp test (and the TT should be a good marker too)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
How have you found the ftp builder TB? I did the last (threshold) session on Monday and for the first time had to adjust the setting down so that I could complete the last couple of intervals . Totally exhausted at the end of that one.

I’ll find out next week if it has done me any good when I do another ftp test (and the TT should be a good marker too)
I think I'm still building. I tried to do the last but one threshold workout spinning (95-100) even though there was no assigned cadences for the segments. Did not go well. After about 35 minutes of tempo my heart and lungs and legs all went 'hell no'. Had to drop the cadence down to grinding levels to complete the workout. My legs were not happy.

For the majority of the sessions I have been able to comlplete all of the assigned work at requested cadences. I only seem to partially fail the low power segnents as that when I adjust my position or stretch the legs for a second or 2.

I've got 2 more sessions to do. I am a lot fitter, but maybe not much more powerful, I'm going to do the ramp test next week to find out where I am.

But I know I have made some improvements. My resting HR has gone down by about 6-8 bpm (52 to 44).

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just deserts
IMG-20190322-WA0001.jpg

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1 I used my Elemnt Bolt last night to see average power - was as easy as you suggested it would be and I don't know why I never thought of it before! I still didn't manage to pace it very well but it was still useful info to have. Only downside was having to delete the duplicate ride data that it automatically uploads to strava but that's not a big issue (and I can probably disable this is the setting anyway if it was).

Cool, glad it was easy. NP is another good one to watch. My Garmin 800 is a bit old and doesn't upload automatically so I don't have that problem.

Alongo

Guru
Hi fellas, “New Andy “ here , Strava 3 lap segment gives me 44:44 . Splits of 14:53 , 14:56 and 14:55 . Dug in deep to keep up with Bridgy but was always 10 - 20 seconds back . Really enjoyed it , look forward to future meet ups , will I get on results now I’ve joined the forum ?
Milzy , can’t afford a Neo never mind E.P.O , fuelled on a few jelly beans

JLaw

Veteran
Shame I missed last night's race. Looks like there were a few of missing due to holiday's etc, but hopefully we can do the stage on our own. With heavy hints being dropped that next week's stage will be a slog up the alpe, I'd better try and get a good time for the TT.

Stage 7 results below. Amazingly @Whorty and @mjd1988 end up with the exact same time :ohmy:.

Overall league updated - 1 more stage to go!
Can you get me into the spreadsheet. No clue if I'll be able to make up prior races, but hoping to participate more regularly going forward.

If I've got the #s correctly, I clocked in at 52 minutes even.

JLaw

Veteran
Oh, and if the opportunity does present itself to catch up, what are the various stages/rules. IIRC y'all had at least one with a lead-in before racing started.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oh, and if the opportunity does present itself to catch up, what are the various stages/rules. IIRC y'all had at least one with a lead-in before racing started.
Off the top of my head I can't recall all the stages, but one was definitely Surrey Hills. Choose any bike. The course starts on Tower Bridge, but the segment for the league doesn't start until you begin climbing Box (I think) Hill, so you have about 1 km lead in.

One stage was Gotham Grind, which is 4 laps of a course in NY. Problem with this is you can't select this yourself, you can only do these from joining a race.

Del C

Veteran
Off the top of my head I can't recall all the stages, but one was definitely Surrey Hills. Choose any bike. The course starts on Tower Bridge, but the segment for the league doesn't start until you begin climbing Box (I think) Hill, so you have about 1 km lead in.

One stage was Gotham Grind, which is 4 laps of a course in NY. Problem with this is you can't select this yourself, you can only do these from joining a race.
Another one was Road to Ruins.

I'm just considering getting off my lazy arse and having a go!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Hey @JLaw a bit of a pain for you but easiest way is to go back and read this thread over the last number of weeks - each route is described, segments identified and "rules" written down. Good luck - but don't beat me :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
@Alongo @JLaw the current league has been running for a couple of months and next week is the final stage. So although you've missed much of this one you can both hopefully join in with all or most of the next one.

I think the plan for the next league starting in April will be to do the Tour of Watopia stages which will be over 7 weeks from April 2nd. There will be multiple opportunities to get the stages done and usually there are a couple of catch up days too at the end so everyone should be able to complete all or most stages. We'll take times from Zwiftpower.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The lead - ins are not relevant because any lead in was before the start banner where the timing for the strava segment we used started.

Top Bottom