Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
Well, I got to see y'all to the start line and hang out with Brendan for a while, but other 45 minutes I spent trading places with a big ITA group. Not sure what the final time was, but it was under and hour and a hair above FTP. I'm satisfied and will almost certainly be sore. I'll be able to take an "herbal supplement" in ~6hrs once I know I'm home for the day (I can't take OTC pain meds with my blood thinners).

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well done everyone!

44.38 for me. I was hoping for a bit better but schoolboy error by going off too fast and faded badly from halfway.

Thank goodness new Andy was there right on my tail giving me the incentive to keep pushing to the line!!
Well done sir

Milzy

Guru
Well done everyone!

44.38 for me. I was hoping for a bit better but schoolboy error by going off too fast and faded badly from halfway.

Thank goodness new Andy was there right on my tail giving me the incentive to keep pushing to the line!!
He’s on an elite direto so probably seems like he’s on EPO compared to TacX Neo users :laugh:

Del C

Veteran
Which segment was it tonight?
It's ok.

Just found it.

48.49 for me.

Good battle with @Freelanderuk on the first 2 laps, then the last lap was about trying to keep my gap over @bert1971

Couldn't stay with @Whorty finishing 1.12 behind him, but averaged 255W compared to his 243W! We're about the same weight, although I've heard a rumour he's losing weight (can anyone confirm that :smile:), so it's either that or he's using his watts in much more sensible places than I am!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It's ok.

Just found it.

48.49 for me.

Good battle with @Freelanderuk on the first 2 laps, then the last lap was about trying to keep my gap over @bert1971

Couldn't stay with @Whorty finishing 1.12 behind him, but averaged 255W compared to his 243W! We're about the same weight, although I've heard a rumour he's losing weight (can anyone confirm that :smile:), so it's either that or he's using his watts in much more sensible places than I am!
At the start, I was in 2 minds whether to stay with you and Chris or try to break away early and see if I could stay away. I felt quite good so went with the break away. I could see your and Chris's green blobs chasing me the whole race. Once I was about 50 seconds up I was mostly tempo-ing, holding a bit back in case you pushed on and started to chase me down.

Great race :okay:

p.s.Not lost any weight this week :cry: I'll let you all know when I lose a bit more :tongue:

Del C

Veteran
It was a good battle @Del C , when you took off after the two laps I just did not have enough in the tank ,

Need to get my gears indexed as its sometimes jumping 2 cogs then I have to change again and feather the leaver , anybody got any tips please
Does sound like an indexing problem, but if you can't correct it using the barrel adjuster on the rear derailleur then you may also need to adjust the cable tension or change the gear cable.

Del C

Veteran
At the start, I was in 2 minds whether to stay with you and Chris or try to break away early and see if I could stay away. I felt quite good so went with the break away. I could see your and Chris's green blobs chasing me the whole race. Once I was about 50 seconds up I was mostly tempo-ing, holding a bit back in case you pushed on and started to chase me down.

Great race :okay:

p.s.Not lost any weight this week :cry: I'll let you all know when I lose a bit more :tongue:
I chose the other option.

I thought of trying to chase you, but decided to ride at a steady tempo and hold a little back. I didn't want to blow up and struggle on the third lap and hoped to pull time back on you then.

Well that turned out to be a crap plan!

Well ridden!!

Top Bottom