Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Yeah it's just that on his companion app it says the event is "tomorrow" - he's shown me the screenshots - very odd. Must be a glitch because it does also say the event is on Thursday when he clicks on it (although also still says its "tomorrow too). Hopefully won't confuse anyone!
It says the event is tomorrow in my Companion App, but also says the date of the meet up is Thursday.

Odd!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Trying to get more time on the bike: the Deskbike

upload_2019-2-20_15-14-54.png

I found that I was able to do a recovery ride, maybe even low endurance, while working.
Watts and cadence are totally wacko though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Trying to get more time on the bike: the Deskbike

thumbnail

I found that I was able to do a recovery ride, maybe even low endurance, while working.
Watts and cadence are totally wacko though.

My wife read a little bit of research as to why certain countries and people lived much longer than others. It highlighted that less active people die younger, but it pointed out that extreme fitness athletes also on average died young.

It concluded that people who were mobile/active throughout the day but doing low level activity lived the longest, even jobs like a sewing machine operator(the old ones) where they had to pedal the machine benefited with longer lives.

Walking. gentle cycling, gardening, etc are the activities we should be doing more of. Sadly modern western lifestyle discourages these.

Del C

Veteran
I’ve been doing some investigation into Zwift alternatives and thought some on here may have useful information.

So, I’m very happy with Zwift. I enjoy the variety of rides available, but occasionally I’d like an alternative option to keep things a bit fresher.

I’ve decided that going for a Zwift lookalike is pointless. I don’t really need a different collection of 3D/VR roads to ride on and the alternatives in that field seem to be quite a way behind Zwift anyway.

That really means I want an alternative based on video, that gives me the opportunity to do longer climbs as training for trips to the mountains.

I’ve come down to 4 options:

1. Tacx desktop simulator - advantage is I have a Tacx Neo
2. Big Ring VR - advantage is I know a few on here use this and I think they have leagues
3. Rouvy - their augmented reality looks interesting if they can make it work
4. Fulgaz- videos look good but main advantage is I can run on Apple TV alongside Zwift

I’m planning to trial these but hoped some on here may have experience that helps towards making my decision.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I’ve been doing some investigation into Zwift alternatives and thought some on here may have useful information.

So, I’m very happy with Zwift. I enjoy the variety of rides available, but occasionally I’d like an alternative option to keep things a bit fresher.

I’ve decided that going for a Zwift lookalike is pointless. I don’t really need a different collection of 3D/VR roads to ride on and the alternatives in that field seem to be quite a way behind Zwift anyway.

That really means I want an alternative based on video, that gives me the opportunity to do longer climbs as training for trips to the mountains.

2. Big Ring VR - advantage is I know a few on here use this and I think they have leagues
4. Fulgaz- videos look good but main advantage is I can run on Apple TV alongside Zwift

I’m planning to trial these but hoped some on here may have experience that helps towards making my decision.

Sufferfest is another option. A bit left field but fun in its own demented way.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I had a BRVR sub but let it lapse as I wasn't using it enough. At the time I was trying to get the Tron bike on Zwift so any climbing rides I wanted to be on there and not somewhere else. Might be tempted to get another month subscription to see what I think now. @theboxers and @Aleman have used BRVR a lot so can add more.

Maybe we could do a goat league on BRVR? A classic climb each month?

Not used the other sims.

You didn't mention bkool :biggrin:

Del C

Veteran
Sufferfest is another option. A bit left field but fun in its own demented way.
Sufferfest was the first video I ever used with a classic dumb turbo some years ago.

I know its changed a bit since then, but how does it really stack up against the other options?

When I used Sufferfest, it was purely up to the rider to react to instructions overwritten on the video.

I do like the combination of smart turbo and the video distraction that Zwift or the alternatives provide to prevent turbo boredom. How does Sufferfest stack up?

Del C

Veteran

Haha! You noticed!!

I've let my Bkool subscription lapse again, for the same reasons that we've all been through before, even though I thought the new Sim did a good job of controlling the Neo.

The Bkool video quality was never reliable, so I think its unlikely that I'll go down that road again at this time.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sufferfest was the first video I ever used with a classic dumb turbo some years ago.

I know its changed a bit since then, but how does it really stack up against the other options?

When I used Sufferfest, it was purely up to the rider to react to instructions overwritten on the video.

I do like the combination of smart turbo and the video distraction that Zwift or the alternatives provide to prevent turbo boredom. How does Sufferfest stack up?

You asking me to sell it to you? :biggrin:

Take the free trial week and see if it suits you.

JuhaL

Guru
I had a BRVR sub but let it lapse as I wasn't using it enough. At the time I was trying to get the Tron bike on Zwift so any climbing rides I wanted to be on there and not somewhere else. Might be tempted to get another month subscription to see what I think now. @theboxers and @Aleman have used BRVR a lot so can add more.

Not used the other sims.

I have ride BRVR occasionally. I like it how it feels and videos are pretty good but then i found that Zwift community is addictive that i don’t like to ride alone, good to see other riders it is kinda motivating.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What you mean like the one we already have??!!

We Likes it!, We like it a lot, precious!
Just been trawling through the BRVR threads and spotted that. Didn't know it existed :blush: Need to renew my subs but I guess as I let it lapse last week I'll be on full fees now rather than an early adopter fee. I'm due to ride tonight, so may even give stage 1 a pop, although Sunday may be more sensible to give that beast a climb!

Breedon

Legendary Member

Not used the other sims.

We have a goat league since last year :okay:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I've just been dipping my toe into BigRingVR again and I'm really enjoying it, I do the goat league and if I get time I do the challenges.

Video quality is top notch And the developers are very good, they listen to what the user wants and any ideas that we may have and would you believe it they also implement them if there any good what a novel concept :tongue:.

I may be burnt at the stake when I say this but I have been getting a little bored of Zwift :whistle:

Top Bottom