Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Be useful to use Discord too ... if only to goad someone behind you, or tell someone you're behind that you're feeling strong still and you hope they're not flagging :biggrin:

We could do......... but I'm not convinced listening to a bunch of sweaty blokes on turbos shouting "I'm too tall....... no I'm too short ....... f**k my knee's just blown up .......... and I've just got down to 79.x kg" is going to help me concentrate as I try to make it to the finishing line!

:laugh:

Breedon

Legendary Member
I cant believe we've filled 1000 pages of chit- chat .:smile:
I think you mean shite-chat :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
:blush:
apologies- i missed bridgy's post and ended up posting much of what he has already said. Video is ok though.

Some zsun riders used the meet up and didn't start on turbos-they were just dropped at/v close to the meet up spot and then rode off together. But i have just watched a video where they did start on turbos and then the leader, bridgy, started when the timer stopped.

Seems best to log in 10 min before, choose TT bike, warm up and then usual pop up will appear, click on it and you are taken to the start.

Bridgy, you will be a marked man with the chevron!

vid removed-bridgy's much more entertaining!

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
:blush:
apologies- i missed bridgy's post and ended up posting much of what he has already said. Video is ok though.

Some zsun riders used the meet up and didn't start on turbos-they were just dropped at/v close to the meet up spot and then rode off together. But i have just watched a video where they did start on turbos and then the leader, bridgy, started when the timer stopped.

Seems best to log in 10 min before, choose TT bike, warm up and then usual pop up will appear, click on it and you are taken to the start.

Bridgy, you will be a marked man with the chevron!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzTouyAF2Y

This video shows the start of a meetup quite well - see from 4:44 in - with riders all warming up by the side of the road -
View: https://youtu.be/A_J5jcDke_k?t=284

Also has the added bonus that the guy on screen in the bottom left appears to be Trigger from Only Fools & Horses ^_^

As you say, best to start riding on Zwift some time before the meet up is due to start, and click to join meet up nice and early

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah I think so - from Zwift info on Meet-ups: "We will start you right with your friends so you can chat with them and warm up together. Once the ride gets going, stick with the leader and keep chatting along the way"

Not sure how much chatting along the way we'll be doing tonight though!

Apparently, as the person who set up the ride, I'll have a big yellow banner above my head so no sneaking away for me! Also, although we won't be alone on the course like in a private race, those of us in the meet up will be highlighted green in the rider list on the right of the screen so it'll be easy to keep tabs on each other if we're reasonably close by
Stick with the leader?!? ! Are you having a laugh. You trying to kill us mere mortals? I'll pootle at the back if it's all the same with you :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
No pootling allowed :ninja:

I will be pootling albeit at about 180-200 watts.

JuhaL

Guru
This video shows the start of a meetup quite well - see from 4:44 in - with riders all warming up by the side of the road -
View: https://youtu.be/A_J5jcDke_k?t=284

Also has the added bonus that the guy on screen in the bottom left appears to be Trigger from Only Fools & Horses ^_^

As you say, best to start riding on Zwift some time before the meet up is due to start, and click to join meet up nice and early

And just a few seconds before the start power up to 700watts at least just in case, because it's not a race or is it ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
We could do......... but I'm not convinced listening to a bunch of sweaty blokes on turbos shouting "I'm too tall....... no I'm too short ....... f**k my knee's just blown up .......... and I've just got down to 79.x kg" is going to help me concentrate as I try to make it to the finishing line!

:laugh:
You say that now, but I'm sure you're gonna wan't to hear about my shopping trip today. Bought a new pair of jeans and they're 32in waist ..... not worn 32in waist for 20 years :biggrin: Went to TM Lewin to get some new shirts, as current ones are 17in collar and a 'little' loose. New shirts are 15 1/2 in collar slim fit :wahhey: And I still want to lose another 10kg (at least).

See, you're dying to get onto Discord now aren't you? :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
You say that now, but I'm sure you're gonna wan't to hear about my shopping trip today. Bought a new pair of jeans and they're 32in waist ..... not worn 32in waist for 20 years :biggrin: Went to TM Lewin to get some new shirts, as current ones are 17in collar and a 'little' loose. New shirts are 15 1/2 in collar slim fit :wahhey: And I still want to lose another 10kg (at least).

See, you're dying to get onto Discord now aren't you? :laugh:
We're not going to recognise you at the next IRL meet up Carl - can you where a name tag?

Top Bottom