Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
47 and get into the 190s on occasion. :wacko:

si_c

Guru
Very fit. Have a few weeks off, then try again, bet you'll get a higher heart rate

I commute by bike, so not really much of an opportunity to get time off. I'm off for a week in October, but I'll be in Naples so planning to ride up Vesuvius. Not sure if that counts :whistle:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That's all well and good Andy, but wheres the family bickering and feuding that typifies my rides? I suspect that has been heavily edited or its just the beginning where you were still on talking terms ^_^

Yes this was in the morning, fresh, flat and excited to ride in France. You should of seen us in the Paris suburbs when another hill appeared or I took a slight wrong turn :laugh:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Probably doing the 6.30 XRS Race tonight if anyone fancies it.

Think I've dropped the idea of doing the Academy. Fickle me :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Probably doing the 6.30 XRS Race tonight if anyone fancies it.

Think I've dropped the idea of doing the Academy. Fickle me :smile:

I am going to carry on. You don't need to do the ftp at the start but it helps set you zones. Real issue is the social rides are slooowww-real sub2 and perhaps not as fun as a pack sub2 either.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Didn't you notice the daughter's " Sagan" move at the start? Good technique, just a little too obvious.

Looked a bit half hearted-the brother stayed upright ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Didn't you notice the daughter's " Sagan" move at the start? Good technique, just a little too obvious.

Looked a bit half hearted-the brother stayed upright ^_^

Karma came back to bite he though, she crashed into the back of him at one of the many intersections, then hooked handlebars, fell off winding herself, then again when she forgot we had to ride on the right and lost her front wheel correcting her line. Silly Billy :smile:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
just back from docs
not allowed to push myself for a while yet by the sound of it
even if i had a helmet i shouldnt wear it yet cos where bump is
bump could be with me for quite sometime
got told off for not taking painkillers
live with knee,shoulder neck and head pain for now :sad:
feeling a bit pi55ed off now

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yes, but only some I think.

I did the KISS race and there were 45 starters. The starting rush was fast - evidenced by getting a PB on the warm-up stretch (2 seconds slower than Mr Bobinski's best).

A group of 10 went off the front (most were clearly over-C) and I hung on. At the start of the last lap we ran into a massive group ride. Probably an Academy one.

The front guys used this as cover to escape and hit big w/kg numbers. It was hard to see where they were and you also had to fight against the sticky draft of the group riders. 5 or 6 got away and took the top places. One rider also caught out, chased me down and passed me but then blew up. I chased one of the leaders who was fading but they kicked hard at the end and beat me by 2 seconds. That rider was 6th but the first legal-C. I came 2nd.

It was a short race, 35 mins or so and unsurprisingly I hit my highest average power.

Enjoyable race even if it took a while to get my breathing back under control!

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
just back from docs
not allowed to push myself for a while yet by the sound of it
even if i had a helmet i shouldnt wear it yet cos where bump is
bump could be with me for quite sometime
got told off for not taking painkillers
live with knee,shoulder neck and head pain for now :sad:
feeling a bit pi55ed off now

Nightmare. Sorry to hear it. Might not feel like it but it will soon pass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom