Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah...I certainly seem to do better on the shorter stages. Don't seem to have the stamina for the longer ones at the moment.

I certainly felt last night's ride in the legs on my commute this morning. Was happy with last nights performance though - it feels like I'm getting back to my pre-injury levels.

A nice short and flat TT next week then @bridgy? :biggrin:
We're probably due a nice TT aren't we? Everyone really loves a TT - I can tell by all the enthusiastic comments after we run them :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
By the way, for those who haven't yet done this week's stage (watopia's Out & Back Again) the start of the timed strava segment is about 2.6km from the meetup start point, and is the sprint finish line rather than the usual banner across/over the road - nearly caught me out last night as I was looking for a banner like usual

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
We're probably due a nice TT aren't we? Everyone really loves a TT - I can tell by all the enthusiastic comments after we run them :laugh:

Hi Bridgy are you able to select Bologna for the TT? I did it last week in a TT race event and it brought memories flooding back from May when we did it in that league. :wacko:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm sure @<Tommy> will understand the stress 3 days in Seville puts on your body just before a race!

He'll probably insist I take 2 minutes off my time!!

Personally, I thought his Las Vegas excuse was the finest and most justified excuse I've seen this year. :laugh:

:laugh:

I’m not normally a fan of shameless buttering up but who am I to argue with such a well thought out argument !
This is a tough one...I think the fairest thing I can do is try and work out a mark out of ten that equates to the amount of fatigue each trip should incur. For example, my flight to Vegas was 10 hours. Therefore using my highly technical mathematical equation, that makes it a 10/10 fatigue / excuse score. We can use the same math to work out your score. How long was your flight to Seville Del? :tongue:

<Tommy>

Well, @IrishAl hasn't yet done stage 1 and @<Tommy> and @berty bassett haven't set a time for stage two so it could be a bit of a false position, but I'll take it for now! When you went up the road with Al last night Pete I thought you were going to do a repeat of stage 1 - but thankfully the longer distance of this stage meant I could claw you back this time! I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on you on shorter sharper stages though :okay:

I’m probably not going to manage all the stages this month mate. Hopefully I can get some of them done over the weekends but I don’t think I’ll be around for the live races unfortunately.

Del C

Veteran

I’m not normally a fan of shameless buttering up but who am I to argue with such a well thought out argument !
This is a tough one...I think the fairest thing I can do is try and work out a mark out of ten that equates to the amount of fatigue each trip should incur. For example, my flight to Vegas was 10 hours. Therefore using my highly technical mathematical equation, that makes it a 10/10 fatigue / excuse score. We can use the same math to work out your score. How long was your flight to Seville Del? :tongue:
Well the flight itself was about 2 and a half hours......... but then a funny thing happened!

Heavy congestion in Seville airspace led to us circling the airport for 7 and a half hours! Incredibly, that means I was in air for 10 hours as well, so by a fantastic coincidence we both qualify for 10/10! ;)

BTW - you should have seen our mid-air refuelling manoeuvre. It was fantastic! :angel:

<Tommy>

Well the flight itself was about 2 and a half hours......... but then a funny thing happened!

Heavy congestion in Seville airspace led to us circling the airport for 7 and a half hours! Incredibly, that means I was in air for 10 hours as well, so by a fantastic coincidence we both qualify for 10/10! ;)

BTW - you should have seen our mid-air refuelling manoeuvre. It was fantastic! :angel:

On second thoughts maybe we should get an average across both flights :reading:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi Bridgy are you able to select Bologna for the TT? I did it last week in a TT race event and it brought memories flooding back from May when we did it in that league. :wacko:
No unfortunately not - can only choose standard courses in either Watopia or whatever the guest world is on the day you're scheduling it for

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
No unfortunately not - can only choose standard courses in either Watopia or whatever the guest world is on the day you're scheduling it for
If everyone was able to use the hack/preferences, we could still choose the route and all log in manually and do the same one at the same time. But (and correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think the posh kids with Apple TV can use the hack ..... which is a shame.

bridgy

Legendary Member
If everyone was able to use the hack/preferences, we could still choose the route and all log in manually and do the same one at the same time. But (and correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think the posh kids with Apple TV can use the hack ..... which is a shame.
I'm pretty sure its an event-only course so you can't world hack to it either

Top Bottom