Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tuesdays CycleChat Race

Here are all the details for our ‘private’ cycle chat race. This race will be all start together on standard road bikes.
🧿Sign on at - https://www.zwift.com/events/view/948635
🧿Everyone should enter the B pen (per the race organisers rules so no fear of being called a sandbagger)
🧿We all wait for 5 minutes until me or Tommy give the go for a neutralised roll out for 1.6km or 1 mile.
🧿Event starts 6:30pm so we will be off at 6:35pm after the 5 minute wait.
🧿Tommy or me will give the “race go” message after the roll out distance.
🧿Gentleman’s rule should be no immediate attacks - to prevent me or tommy having an advantage or catching someone off guard.
🧿Anyone who misses the start can try and catch up but the group won’t wait.
🧿Any false starts and the rider can wait provided they are within sight of the start pen.
🧿Blatant cheating will be given the traditional CycleChat treatment!
What is it, bloody hills week 😬

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Stupid question from me, but is this a straight race after the neutralised roll out? TT bikes or normal bikes with drafting?
Yes Carl - standard bikes, standard race. We will use the results to help guide starting positions for a time trial the following round, and all results feed into a handicapped team TT. Obviously if someone can’t take part we will find them a place in following rounds, maybe at the back, but we will find room 😝

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
What is it, bloody hills week 😬

Admittedly it is a bit of a tester 😄. It was just ticking all the boxes I’m afraid. Some flat, some hill, and at a good time of night too. I think it’s a course we’ve done twice (?) before in chain gang leagues. From memory it’s just getting over the climb and then finding out if you have any energy left or if it’s just going to be a bit of a limp home. It’ll definitely help morale if you can get into a group! And Alan’s idea of a rolling start should keep things tight for a while a reckon rather than the usual manic start. Time will tell 😬.

It’s only one straight up race per 4 week cycle. But Alan found a good variety of courses for us to choose from this week and hopefully every week we have options so everyone gets to do the type of race course they like.

Speaking of time... as Alan said the next round is a time trial on TT bikes. Where last across the line this week will start first, second last will start second, and so on. A fixed 30 seconds between start times so the time you get on Tuesday isn’t totally relevant. Although we will use it to help us work out the teams for the TTT handicap and the individual handicap.

Admittedly it is a bit of a tester 😄. It was just ticking all the boxes I’m afraid. Some flat, some hill, and at a good time of night too. I think it’s a course we’ve done twice (?) before in chain gang leagues. From memory it’s just getting over the climb and then finding out if you have any energy left or if it’s just going to be a bit of a limp home. It’ll definitely help morale if you can get into a group! And Alan’s idea of a rolling start should keep things tight for a while a reckon rather than the usual manic start. Time will tell 😬.

It’s only one straight up race per 4 week cycle. But Alan found a good variety of courses for us to choose from this week and hopefully every week we have options so everyone gets to do the type of race course they like.

Speaking of time... as Alan said the next round is a time trial on TT bikes. Where last across the line this week will start first, second last will start second, and so on. A fixed 30 seconds between start times so the time you get on Tuesday isn’t totally relevant. Although we will use it to help us work out the teams for the TTT handicap and the individual handicap.
It’s fine was also thinking about the IRL Monday race is Yorkshire 😬👍🏼
not moaning what don’t kill ya and all that. Appreciate the organising both of ya 😎

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am riding stage 2 at 5 if anyone wants to join me and 4000 others 😁
@berty bassett if you fancy a second go you can do a U turn at the finish then manually turn right to go up Ventop👍😀

<Tommy>

It’s fine was also thinking about the IRL Monday race is Yorkshire 😬👍🏼
not moaning what don’t kill ya and all that. Appreciate the organising both of ya 😎

Know you weren’t moaning mate. And even if you were I love a good moan so I can’t judge!

I think I was trying to reassure myself as much as anything 😄 :surrender:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
so at the risk of sounding thicker than normal - tuesday we will be doing the volcano twice ?
zwiftpower isnt updating times at the minute for events so don't know what time i have yet - first glimse of the new mountain :eek:

<Tommy>

Chaps myself and lee (hopefully bob and bridgy too) are going to girona 23rd October-29th October (Autumn half term for lots of schools). I have a friend who’s joining us, went last year, and describes it as a cycling Mecca. Lots of the pros live and train around there because of the weather, the great roads and climbs. As with ventoux you’re all more than welcome to join us. It’s great having something to look forward to at the moment and I know it’ll be lots of fun and laughs.

Flight to and from London is around £200 to Barcelona. Then a short journey to girona by train. Hotel is around £470 with breakfast. So maybe £900 ish all in for the trip.

Because we’re all staying in a hotel it’s very easy to add more people and people can muck about with dates and times that suit them. So if any of you wanted to invite non cc friends along it’s very easy to a accommodate them too.

Del C

Veteran
Chaps myself and lee (hopefully bob and bridgy too) are going to girona 23rd October-29th October (Autumn half term for lots of schools). I have a friend who’s joining us, went last year, and describes it as a cycling Mecca. Lots of the pros live and train around there because of the weather, the great roads and climbs. As with ventoux you’re all more than welcome to join us. It’s great having something to look forward to at the moment and I know it’ll be lots of fun and laughs.

Flight to and from London is around £200 to Barcelona. Then a short journey to girona by train. Hotel is around £470 with breakfast. So maybe £900 ish all in for the trip.

Because we’re all staying in a hotel it’s very easy to add more people and people can muck about with dates and times that suit them. So if any of you wanted to invite non cc friends along it’s very easy to a accommodate them too.
I'm tempted by this.

Been looking at Girona for the last 3 years or so, but I'm still wary of Covid so I don't think I really feel able to commit right now.

If things improve, I may join you but I think it will be a late decision if I do.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Stage 2 completed. A bit flat but a cracking course, bit like northern France though with Ventop dominating- as it does in real life- the surrounding area. Zwift have outdone themselves and it bodes well for future courses. Now if they would just use the Unreal engine to generate their landscapes 👍
I did say flat but watch out for that 2.7km climb.

Top Bottom