Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think the W/kg category system is flawed. Even putting people intentionally playing the system to one side for a minute, it’s also totally inconsistent depending on the type of course and the distance of the race. Eg I get promoted to cat A in a 20 odd minute race but am no where near in a 50 minute race. But I have a feeling the points system would also be contentious. Especially in the lower categories. Because any rider will have to go through the lower cats before he or she is promoted via gaining points. So I have a feeling it’s still highly likely those races will be won by people in the ‘wrong’ category as they pass through. Maybe I’m wrong about that.

Not that I have any great solutions either... for me I try and join the races with the familiar faces. It’s also why I really like our organised races the best. I guess it kind of helps all the other stuff to fade into the background.

I’m in the I could t give two hoots camp! If you want to tickle your ego by pretending your better than you are then crack on. I ll just get fitter by trying to hang on a bit longer. At the end of the day I’m better outside for all my struggles inside so happy days 👌

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I’m in the I could t give two hoots camp! If you want to tickle your ego by pretending your better than you are then crack on. I ll just get fitter by trying to hang on a bit longer. At the end of the day I’m better outside for all my struggles inside so happy days 👌
This is one reason for choosing the 3R races where all cats start together - can't be impacted by sandbaggers, cruisers tend to avoid as they don't want to accidentally get promoted, and I get to see how long I can hang on to the tails of the lead A & B group before my lungs legs or heart gives out :laugh:

Maybe if all races had all cats starting together then some of these issues would be negated, and it would also allow team mates to race together even if they are in different cats.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Who invited the bloke with the common sense into the conversation?!

How’s the turbo bike treating you Brendan?

Who invited the bloke with the common sense into the conversation?!

View attachment 548904

How’s the turbo bike treating you Brendan?
Oh apologies if I came across half sensible it wasn’t intended. In fact I thought “should have kept that stupid comment to yourself boy” of course you care if you don’t win!

anyway. The bike. Well. Now I have adapted my riding style,rather than the bike adapting to mine. It’s not a Kickr and doesn’t want to be I suppose. It seems I have to work a lot harder for the same watts as the Kickr, which has resulted in increased ftp so I’m cool with that 👍🏼 Originally I first thought there was about a 3 second delay from putting power down and the response on zwift which was awful. There has since been an update to the crank power meters which have improved it massively. Still a small delay but it’s bearable now.
ERG mode. Awful on short sharp intervals but I suspect it’s the massive flywheel and not a lot can be done about that. If you look at the results after a workout there is hardly any smoothing of the power which some don’t like but I actually like the more realistic data. Again making you work a bit harder. That’s about the only niggles I have. A lot of others on the fb group have connection issues but as normal most of the time these are operator error I suspect. Power meter batteries I’ve replaced already. Pisses some off but I’m used to that from my powertap The bike is solid and will outlive me I’m sure. A lot of positives. There is a stages employee on the fb group and does keep in touch on what’s happening for future updates and problem solving. They have engineers in UK from thier spin bikes who will do repairs if needed rather than returning. Overall very happy 😊

mjd1988

Guru
Hope Chloe Dygert is ok after her crash. :ohmy:

Looks like a mistake going into a corner on the tri bar rather than the hoods. They played it once so I can't be sure 😢

Oh flip first result on Twitter is an awful photo of her leg. Awful, hope she's alright

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hope Chloe Dygert is ok after her crash. :ohmy:

Looks like a mistake going into a corner on the tri bar rather than the hoods. They played it once so I can't be sure 😢
There is a clip of the crash on YouTube ... looks like she may have locked up her wheels and it took her off line. Hope she's OK.

mjd1988

Guru
i Got fully reinstated back into the B results after providing my HR data and following up being briefly put into A 👍
im around 40s behind you Paul. The final 2 stages will be tough - next week being on Innsbruck KOM after party. And final round Casse Pattes. Not looking forward to the KOM.

View attachment 548956

The Kom is going to blow the GC race apart. May not make that one 😬

Spartak