Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy and Lee, fwiw, in my training on the course if we went too hard on first lap my times really suffered on the 2nd. It’s upwards of 2h 45 ( 45-55min a lap). So all about endurance. Be properly fuelled, have enough fluids,2 litres at least for me and have energy gels or whatever you use to guard against bonking. I find a supply of jelly babies also helps towards the end, the sugar or perhaps even just the taste of it providing a boost.

Lee, from death bed to Worlds in 48 hours? Respect:notworthy:

Or are you going to use your pro?:rolleyes::biggrin:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Andy and Lee, fwiw, in my training on the course if we went too hard on first lap my times really suffered on the 2nd. It’s upwards of 2h 45 ( 45-55min a lap). So all about endurance. Be properly fuelled, have enough fluids,2 litres at least for me and have energy gels or whatever you use to guard against bonking. I find a supply of jelly babies also helps towards the end, the sugar or perhaps even just the taste of it providing a boost.

Lee, from death bed to Worlds in 48 hours? Respect:notworthy:

Or are you going to use your pro?:rolleyes::biggrin:
you cant help yourself can you !:laugh: and after listening to a bit of my bloody valentine - i am beginning to doubt this whole persona you have created !
where is the real bobinski and have you shared a cell with anyone famous ?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’d recommend some isotonic drinks or tablets of some variety. And a few big bottles of water (1.5ltr) as back up.

The stuff you’d normally eat on a long ride. Flap jack, peanut butter sandwiches, whatever suits you. And something for a boost when energy levels plumet near the end. Gels, sugary treats, Colombian marching powder!

And in Lee’s case a full mental assessment!

You’ll have to remind me nearer the time how I can observe.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
For me, big sensible breakfast then light soup or similar snack and banana hour before race. 2 litres of high 5 4 in one plus an extra electrolyte tab in each, banana and sis hydro gels and the JB’s for the ride.
Litre of chocolate milk for after and slap up meal and beers to hopefully celebrate finishing.

bobinski

Legendary Member
you cant help yourself can you !:laugh: and after listening to a bit of my bloody valentine - i am beginning to doubt this whole persona you have created !
where is the real bobinski and have you shared a cell with anyone famous ?

:biggrin:
I am Spartacus. Or is it Goot? ^_^have shared a fair few cells with the daft, the dangerous and occasionally someone famous/infamous. The whiff of fear is always the same...

Try Loveless by MBV- nice balance of angry thrashy guitars and melody. Or a bit of Jesus and Mary chain or, a little lighter, British Sea Power.

Marino.g

Veteran
:cycle:
From what I've read, those things are garbage.... Stay far far away.,
I’ve read that somewhere, if I’ve got time I will order the Elite Direto later which is direct drive and seems value for money as it’s affordable at £695.
Still waiting for bkool to dial in to my trainer and now got a date 30 November,
They are so busy, I wonder why:sad:

bridgy

Legendary Member
:cycle:
I’ve read that somewhere, if I’ve got time I will order the Elite Direto later which is direct drive and seems value for money as it’s affordable at £695.
Still waiting for bkool to dial in to my trainer and now got a date 30 November,
They are so busy, I wonder why:sad:
@Marino.g I saw the Elite Direto for £590 here the other day - https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/elite...tpL5CpYAbYfO2hEuhg85oLl6p0j7DUakaAtUhEALw_wcB

(Discalimer - I've never used that retailer, and do check it's definitely the same model etc you were planning to get)

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
WARNING!! Athlete shop are taking orders and money but have huge lead times for delivery on the Directo. Guarantee Athleteshop genuinely have stock before ordering. They are based in Holland and don't have a uk outlet, beware of warranty claims and returning item

@Marino.g I saw the Elite Direto for £590 here the other day - https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/elite...tpL5CpYAbYfO2hEuhg85oLl6p0j7DUakaAtUhEALw_wcB

(Discalimer - I've never used that retailer, and do check it's definitely the same model etc you were planning to get)

bridgy

Legendary Member
WARNING!! Athlete shop are taking orders and money but have huge lead times for delivery on the Directo. Guarantee Athleteshop genuinely have stock before ordering. They are based in Holland and don't have a uk outlet, beware of warranty claims and returning item
Ah - there you go! That's why I put the disclaimer in there - thanks Andy!

bobinski

Legendary Member
  • 15697209_10154895682627558_2583364026606905594_n.jpg
    Glen Knightto Zwift Racers
    24 mins ·
    Zwiftpower.com Update

Hi All, we are in the process of seeking advice as part of a "growing up" exercise to ensure that both those involved in the zwiftpower infrastructure, the entities that contribute to event results (ZADA/ZRVG/Race Organisers) are protected. As you know we are increasing our focus on cleaning up the racing scene and this was a necessary step to ensure that went smoothly.

We have not been hacked - your data is safe, we have not fallen out with Zwift - that relationship continues to grow and will do in to the future. Zwift are very supportive of Zwiftpower and what it does, is trying to achieve with the help of the community.

We hope to have this situation resolved in the very near future. In the meantime we've been working on lots of improvements, James Hodges has been hard at work making the site clicker and more robust, lots of process updates as well as some tweaks to the front end and a couple of big tweaks for example:

- Every event in Zwift now has a scoreboard on ZwiftPower with both unfiltered and processed results (so group rides will reflect the zwift finishing screen)
    - Historic tracking of KOM segments on profile by time and power
    - realtime finalised results
    - more changes to the rider profile page

We've also moved our infrastructure to a more stable platform in Roubaix, France. This will give us performance improvements as well as more flexibility moving forward.

Thank you for your patience.

Marino.g

Veteran
thx Andy
I’m in tri uk now having a nose and they have an ex demo for £625 or new £695 but still umming and arring now when it comes to the crunch on having to handover your hard earned cash.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
thx Andy
I’m in tri uk now having a nose and they have an ex demo for £625 or new £695 but still umming and arring now when it comes to the crunch on having to handover your hard earned cash.
[/QUOTE]

Did you get a test ride on Zwift with the Directo?

Marino.g

Veteran

[/QUOTE]Did you get a test ride on Zwift with the Directo?[/QUOTE]
They had a Wahoo on demo you could try but not the Direto.
I had a look round but I never saw a sales person while I was there but then I had second thoughts about buying it.
I'm sure if I was approached by a sales person I would have walked out with one but I have decided to wait for my dial in from Bkool and see how it performs after that.
Even if it does the trick I will probably buy the Direto but at least then I could sell the Bkool with a clear conscience and it has a year left on the guarantee.

Marino.g

Veteran

Did you get a test ride on Zwift with the Directo?[/QUOTE]
They had a Wahoo on demo you could try but not the Direto.
I had a look round but I never saw a sales person while I was there but then I had second thoughts about buying it.
I'm sure if I was approached by a sales person I would have walked out with one but I have decided to wait for my dial in from Bkool and see how it performs after that.
Even if it does the trick I will probably buy the Direto but at least then I could sell the Bkool with a clear conscience and it has a year left on the guarantee.

Top Bottom