Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Pfft. Woke culture.

I believe in equal rights for all cycling accessories and components. This is just political correctness gone mad.

steverob

Guru
It was suggested by Sherpa Dave on YouTube that the announcement of what was happening with the Zwift Classics was still under some sort of embargo, so you probably won't hear anything official about it until Zwift themselves decide to publish something. Which based on previous series they've tried to run, will be about 48 hours before the first race!

Hopefully with WTRL being involved, they might do a better job, but you'll notice that only the schedule page has anything on it - Rules and Home are both empty and as of yesterday (it has changed today) there were no links to any Classics page from the WTRL main menu yet; you could only get to it if you knew the URL. This suggested they aren't the ones in charge of marketing it (or at least, not yet).

I wonder what it means by "Class 1" through "Class 6"? Does this mean riders won't be split up into the standard A-D pens by w/kg?

mjd1988

Guru
It was suggested by Sherpa Dave on YouTube that the announcement of what was happening with the Zwift Classics was still under some sort of embargo, so you probably won't hear anything official about it until Zwift themselves decide to publish something. Which based on previous series they've tried to run, will be about 48 hours before the first race!

Hopefully with WTRL being involved, they might do a better job, but you'll notice that only the schedule page has anything on it - Rules and Home are both empty and as of yesterday (it has changed today) there were no links to any Classics page from the WTRL main menu yet; you could only get to it if you knew the URL. This suggested they aren't the ones in charge of marketing it (or at least, not yet).

I wonder what it means by "Class 1" through "Class 6"? Does this mean riders won't be split up into the standard A-D pens by w/kg?

It's all very confusing isn't it. Classic zwift to announce something last minute but WTRL seem confident

bridgy

Legendary Member

Is it going to be a team event? Maybe the "Classes" are a version of WTRL's coffee class system for the TTT's they run so that allow you to mix different Category riders within teams?

steverob

Guru
The previous years of Classics (admittedly run by Zwift rather than WTRL) were individual events rather than team ones. First year I believe it was just pros and invited participants and we could only watch the broadcasts. Second year there was a Pro-Am race for each round, but the community could then ride the same race the day after and ZwiftPower set up a GC league based on that. So we'll have to wait to see how it all pans out this time round...

Norry1

Legendary Member
Bit of a shock to the system today. Those b@st@rd scales say I am 11st 7lbs - so it
looks like I've put half a stone on. Zwift has been updated - now I need to take it off again :sad:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Ok
I am 6’2” and 95kg
Long flowing golden locks and bronze
Best description is gladiatorial
If you can’t find me and I ain’t looking , feel free to creep up behind me in your Lycra and tap me on shoulder saying how much you’ve missed me 👍👍

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Ok
I am 6’2” and 95kg
Long flowing golden locks and bronze
Best description is gladiatorial
If you can’t find me and I ain’t looking , feel free to creep up behind me in your Lycra and tap me on shoulder saying how much you’ve missed me 👍👍

😄

If that’s true, then there’s a little fella who’s been to the last few meet ups that you might want to have a friendly word with!

Top Bottom