Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Isn't tubeless more in favour for CX these days? Certainly easier to swap tyres for different conditions!

I agree tubeless would be my choice.

Cyclo-cross guys seem to prefer tubular, I presume it offers the reassurance or less chance of rolling the tyre off the rim compared to a tubeless clincher setup. Same low pressure anti snakebite benefits

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Back in the saddle after 2 weeks off . Legs OK, but lungs and HR a bit higher- out of practice

View: https://youtu.be/b_XNC94SAbw

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I agree tubeless would be my choice.

Cyclo-cross guys seem to prefer tubular, I presume it offers the reassurance or less chance of rolling the tyre off the rim compared to a tubeless clincher setup. Same low pressure anti snakebite benefits

I always used clinchers and fortunately never had a flat....
Didn't have the budget for a set of spare wheels in the pits... !!!
That said I was never good enough to worry about finishing high enough to battle for points...

Just had great fun... 👍

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I always used clinchers and fortunately never had a flat....
Didn't have the budget for a set of spare wheels in the pits... !!!
That said I was never good enough to worry about finishing high enough to battle for points...

Just had great fun... 👍

It was a discussion with a couple of seasoned CX members. Where one in particular had spent years mid table in results, he then invested in a tubular setup. His results skyrocketed to top10. A few of our better CX club riders were all using tubular setups.

I think its that ability to run super low pressure, gives grip and low rolling- both tubeless and tubular do that compared to innertube conventional clinchers

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Nearly home :whistle:

20220705_133214.jpg

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
No spoilers but isn't it great to have the TDF back?

It really is isn’t it Michael. It’s a nice time of year in general. And the tour caps it.

I hope it’s not a one horse race though.

mjd1988

Guru
I think Roglic is on the wane. His young team mate Jonas Vingegaard is more of a threat to Pogacar

He did seem stronger recently but would like to see Roglic get a tour as this might be his last chance if not. The two pronged leadership could be interesting if they play it well, they have the squad to support both deep into the tour

Top Bottom