Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
After resisting the trend for a long time, I've finally decided to go Di2 (nothing to do with the fact that Wendy has just got it :smile: )

I've booked the Systemsix in to have Ultegra Di2 12 speed fitted on 24th May.

You'll love Di2 .... works perfect for me. Never miss a gear. Index never out. So much nicer to ride.

I considered 1x when I got the Roubaix, but the Di2 for me was the answer.

JuhaL

Guru
You'll love Di2 .... works perfect for me. Never miss a gear. Index never out. So much nicer to ride.

I considered 1x when I got the Roubaix, but the Di2 for me was the answer.

One another positive thing with Di2 is that you don't need to recharge battery very often. I would say not often than once in a month and that is not much, sure it depends how much you ride, one charge can last even longer as well.

Joffey

Big Dosser
That clearly means new bike, can't barely wait photos.

My wife said that… but she meant downgrading from my Cervelo R3 to a £500 Sports Direct job that has less to go wrong with!!!

It’s a worry though, if my rear mech is toast you can’t buy the 11 speed ones new. So I’ll be having to pay over the odds for a used on from eBay to get me back on the road…

Hoping that a good clean, battery re-set and maybe a firmware upgrade might solve the problem but it is making some horrible noises.

I think when I fell off the other day I bust it partly but it’s taken another 100 miles to fail. Thankfully I was only 1 mile from home when it stuck in the highest gear. Good training though… a mile at 500 watts out of the saddle on a 1% incline :laugh:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Ignore my woes… Di2 is the way to go, the difference is night and day.
Oh, nothing to do with your woes specifically. I just prefer mechanical.

I'm building a new bike and it's going to be fully mechanical and rim brake. Will definitely trigger some people :laugh:

Great ride today BTW!! I must say though it triggered me that you didn’t do another mile and a half to clock up the century!! :laugh:
Thanks, it was a fun ride. Having power definitely helped me stay calm and not overdo it. Still had plenty to give at the end. Bigger cassette wouldn't hurt.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Cracking ride there Pete, you could have finished it off with a trundle down beside the river Wharf towards Ben Rhydding. Nice and flat for the 100 miles

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Ignore my woes… Di2 is the way to go, the difference is night and day.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE electronic gearing, but...

if I was going to throw a grand at my cycling right now, I think I'd get some deep section carbon wheels over Di2 because they'd actually make me faster :laugh:

No question in my mind that electronic gears would be lovely to have though (and it will happen at some point).

JuhaL

Guru
My wife said that… but she meant downgrading from my Cervelo R3 to a £500 Sports Direct job that has less to go wrong with!!!

It’s a worry though, if my rear mech is toast you can’t buy the 11 speed ones new. So I’ll be having to pay over the odds for a used on from eBay to get me back on the road…

Hoping that a good clean, battery re-set and maybe a firmware upgrade might solve the problem but it is making some horrible noises.

I think when I fell off the other day I bust it partly but it’s taken another 100 miles to fail. Thankfully I was only 1 mile from home when it stuck in the highest gear. Good training though… a mile at 500 watts out of the saddle on a 1% incline :laugh:

Women's common sense is sometimes something what we can't explain. Can't say that they are always totally wrong but there are moments.

I have now third bike where is Di2 and never had an any issues. Actually I have never noticed how fast for example Di2 battery comes end of road. What I meant I have never noticed that I need to recharge battery more often than when it was new. I guess we can say it is not common those battery issue, more like a bad luck.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE electronic gearing, but...

if I was going to throw a grand at my cycling right now, I think I'd get some deep section carbon wheels over Di2 because they'd actually make me faster :laugh:

No question in my mind that electronic gears would be lovely to have though (and it will happen at some point).

Hambini just reviewed Lightbicyle aero wheels. I bought my rims from them and got Hope hubs, separately. Local wheelbuilder made them up with Sapin blade spokes. Decent wheelset for £750

Top Bottom