Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Here in Finland weather finally change and summer is proceeding pretty fast now. It looks that it doesn't last long when it's time to start lawn mower and time to light a charcoal grill. Forecast tells that nearly +20°C should be reach in this week. Summer ☀️

alex_cycles

Veteran
Countdown to sportive. Weather front passing a day or so before hand. Weekend looking dry, cool, patchy sun.

Just need one more ride and hopefully no illness or injuries 🤞

I can feel your anticipation from here. Some of our club guys did the Fred Whitton on Sunday. Jammy gits got the best weather day in amongst all the rain. Hope you get the same.

13 rider

Guru
Countdown to sportive. Weather front passing a day or so before hand. Weekend looking dry, cool, patchy sun.

Just need one more ride and hopefully no illness or injuries 🤞
Good luck Andy ,may your domestiques be fast and willing
Weather definitely looking better than it was ,I'm hoping for one more outdoor ride before mine as well on Saturday ,but woke this morning with a bit of a sore throat so keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't move into anything else

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I can feel your anticipation from here. Some of our club guys did the Fred Whitton on Sunday. Jammy gits got the best weather day in amongst all the rain. Hope you get the same.
Tim (Ketty) did that too - it was great weather for such a hilly ride!
I saw that. Was really envious - especially after my ride the day before, with headwind and rain from 120km onwards :cry:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Proud parents, our first Canada gosling :biggrin:

VideoCapture_20230509-144505.jpg

alex_cycles

Veteran
Are you still doing the dirt series @alex_cycles ?

Yes we had race 4 today. 2 laps of Chain Chomper. It was brutal (52 minutes at 95% intensity). I blew up having spent my weebles and near HRmax half way up Temple on lap 1. But the team was strong and we got 2nd today and our competitors are making it hard for each other. We started with a 1 league point lead today and now somehow have a 3-point lead going into the final "double-header" week. (2 laps of Champs Elysees then an iTT fnishing up the Volcano next week).

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 16.35.56.png

View: https://youtu.be/KgwU-JaWxMU

mjd1988

Guru
Yes we had race 4 today. 2 laps of Chain Chomper. It was brutal (52 minutes at 95% intensity). I blew up having spent my weebles and near HRmax half way up Temple on lap 1. But the team was strong and we got 2nd today and our competitors are making it hard for each other. We started with a 1 league point lead today and now somehow have a 3-point lead going into the final "double-header" week. (2 laps of Champs Elysees then an iTT fnishing up the Volcano next week).

View attachment 688935

View: https://youtu.be/KgwU-JaWxMU

Chain chomper is a horrid course, did well to hold on the first climb until the dirt

mjd1988

Guru
Interesting perspective from Facebook about the advantages of steering in races - I know. Few people got the steerer at the start but didn't realise it was used in racing

"My First Race with Steering Wheels (Cheating Wheels)

Ok, I am going to break down why the steering wheel is a massive cheat and pay to win. It is a huge disadvantage for those that don't have it.

- The distance traveled is less than my competitors. By the final sprint, my distance traveled was 15.0km, everyone I was with had done 15.2km, so I did 100-200 less KM than them. (look at the photo)

- The watts saved are greater than my competitors. By doing less distance and I am able to stay in draft, it also means I am doing less watts. And if it means 2 riders that are equal, the one that does less watts won't get upgraded as soon as the other one. In a way this is a sandbagging tool. It allows me to compete using less watts. Every lap before the finish banner, by taking the far left lane on the turn I am able to cut 15-20 positions moving up the pack. This yo-yo effect in the pack lets me use less watts.

- It is the final super sprint tool. If you are strong enough to be the 1st rider in the final sprint, you don't want people to get your draft. Take the far left or right lane and now you get to head into the final sprint and rider #2 doesn't get your draft.

- You add this with the new Burrito Effect + Sauce, I can steer out of the Burrito Effect. You hit me with Burrito? I go right to you, put in a few watts, get in front of you then drop my burrito. SMELL MY FART! .

Downside:

- It is one more distraction: Yes you need to pay attention and finally look up the field to see if it is a right or left turn.

- It is one more device that can fail you in the race.

- You can make mistakes, I made a few in the race. Going too far to the right or left and was out of draft.

- People are going to say you won with steering and not skills.

- It isn't watts free to use. You actually need some power to steer it.

Video link to the race with steering.
Photo with distance I did vs everyone else. 100-200m difference.

Final take away, it's actually pretty damn fun. And makes racing more interesting. I say go buy it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/0WhfVw6Kwrw?feature=share
"

Top Bottom