Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Finished the last race of the Zwift Spin last night now that they're doing catch-up events - had done stages 1, 2 and 4 in the normal schedule, so only had stage 3 (New York) to go. Wasn't flat out racing any of them, but did give it a decent go and tried to keep up with one of the larger front groups for as long as possible on each stage.

ZwiftPower says I came 151st/248, 350th/776, 33rd/158 and 205th/247 on each of the stages (although my low position in stage 4 was greatly affected by me having to get off the bike only five minutes in to deal with a vomiting cat, which of course meant I lost any chance of getting into any of the faster packs).

However what's really interesting/strange is that ZP also has me listed as being back in D - was still definitely C only a few days ago. Now I believe my numbers have not gone down since my promotion back in January (they haven't really gone up much either to be honest) and if I compare my Strava power curve for the last 90 days to the 90-ish days when I was in D at the end of last year, it certainly still looks higher for the most part, except a brief blip around 5 minutes and then past the hour mark (as I haven't done any really long Zwift efforts this year so far).

1712918738282.png

(dark colour is Oct-Dec 2023, light colour is last 90 days)

Have no idea why the demotion, cause as I said I am almost certain I'm riding at or slightly above the same sort of level that saw me get promoted, so it's strange to drop back down again.

13 rider

Guru
Sorry Phil Didn't mean to put you under so much early pressure :hugs:
That's OK I was trying to drop you out of the gate lol ,1st dig to get on Paul's wheel then the 2nd attack you were just off the back and was hoping for pulls from the other 2 but had to do it all and you attacked while I was still recovering and just couldn't get on a wheel ,Had a second wind to chase you all back on as the pack slowed but I was done when I caught you

13 rider

Guru
Finished the last race of the Zwift Spin last night now that they're doing catch-up events - had done stages 1, 2 and 4 in the normal schedule, so only had stage 3 (New York) to go. Wasn't flat out racing any of them, but did give it a decent go and tried to keep up with one of the larger front groups for as long as possible on each stage.

ZwiftPower says I came 151st/248, 350th/776, 33rd/158 and 205th/247 on each of the stages (although my low position in stage 4 was greatly affected by me having to get off the bike only five minutes in to deal with a vomiting cat, which of course meant I lost any chance of getting into any of the faster packs).

However what's really interesting/strange is that ZP also has me listed as being back in D - was still definitely C only a few days ago. Now I believe my numbers have not gone down since my promotion back in January (they haven't really gone up much either to be honest) and if I compare my Strava power curve for the last 90 days to the 90-ish days when I was in D at the end of last year, it certainly still looks higher for the most part, except a brief blip around 5 minutes and then past the hour mark (as I haven't done any really long Zwift efforts this year so far).

View attachment 727326

Have no idea why the demotion, cause as I said I am almost certain I'm riding at or slightly above the same sort of level that saw me get promoted, so it's strange to drop back down again.
Just in time for the zwift semis , you must be right on the limit of D/C and possibly with less racing and therefore lower intensity over a period you've just dropped back into D

steverob

Guru
That's the thing, I thought I was comfortably clear of the C/D borderline; still a low C but unlikely to ever drop back down. I can only assume I must have had a particularly good performance about a week or so after promotion that has now dropped off the radar (promotion was 3rd Jan, but 90 days back from yesterday when I noticed it, was the 12th) and that's the reason why Zwift thinks my zFTP has dropped by almost 20 watts overnight.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Well here are my current numbers according to Zwift:
1712937978664.png

The last time I looked at my zFTP it was somewhere in the low 260's and at my current weight 255w would be C, 254w D. When I got promoted to C, my zFTP was somewhere around my 30 minute figure, yet now it stands at below my 40 minute one.

Never mind, I'm not complaining. It's just that while I was a D previously I was winning races a bit too easily towards the end and I felt like I was beating up on the newbies which wasn't really fair. I think I'll probably still enter C races for the most part.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

View attachment 727326

Based on the Splitters race Tuesday, you feel like a C to me. I'd class myself a mid-C at the moment (in old world C terms, maybe slightly lower now the boundaries have been tweaked) but I'm definitely a C and I couldn't drop you Tuesday.

I may have to go check if ZP has dropped me back to D :laugh:

Edit: I have no idea how all this works anymore, now it's not just a 20 minute w/kg boundary so I'll just ride in whatever cat ZP tells me :cheers:

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
anyone use a VPN on the PC? Last time I was abroad, I couldn't watch the rugby on ITVX because it doesn't work in Spain. I don't know how easy to use and uesful they are - any opinions?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
anyone use a VPN on the PC? Last time I was abroad, I couldn't watch the rugby on ITVX because it doesn't work in Spain. I don't know how easy to use and uesful they are - any opinions?

I use 'Private Internet Access VPN' subscription £39 per year I think.

pricing for new customers https://www.privateinternetaccess.c...nrGOemgMyLzA7DzKTisw8GfU3sLuVg0RoCT2AQAvD_BwE

Not had any issues when wanting to disguise my geo position. I watched Netflix in the Canaries no problem.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
First out-doorsy ride in nearly a year today. Nice to get back in the fresh air. Only an hour, had been to the gym already for an hour and hadn't eaten yet, but a nice little pootle. Lots of stop/start due to where I cycled, so ave speed meant I could bust a ball

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Most important zwift race to date: my daughter insisted on watching one.

Thankfully there was a crit with a small field which I was able to sit on and sprint. Did get some criticism from my DS for being at the back of the race. Draft mechanics a lesson for another day but she had a point...

Screenshot_20240413-180633.png

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Most important zwift race to date: my daughter insisted on watching one.

Thankfully there was a crit with a small field which I was able to sit on and sprint. Did get some criticism from my DS for being at the back of the race. Draft mechanics a lesson for another day but she had a point...

View attachment 727530
3.1W/kg, very impressive energy-saving! 👍

Top Bottom