Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I deleted my strava account. I was start to think that it doesn’t give me any extra value, i have garmin connect already where is all i need. I try to keep things simple as possible. I don’t go any faster even if i had a 10 different programs where i can see my data.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I deleted my strava account. I was start to think that it doesn’t give me any extra value, i have garmin connect already where is all i need. I try to keep things simple as possible. I don’t go any faster even if i had a 10 different programs where i can see my data.

I tried the paid version a few years ago, there was nothing there that (for me) was better than the free version. I did like the segment boards when that was free, so I lost that, but that's more an ego thing anyway and I'm never at the top so pretty pointless me looking haha
I use Kamoot for route creations and my Garmin if I want to share live rides with anyone.

Venod

Eh up
I had a couple of years without Strava but came back when my son wanted some ride routes, the paid version is good for viewing age related segment lists, but they don't mean a lot, I may ditch it again at renewal time, but everytime I stop they send me an offer I can't refuse.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Another failed attempt at the 100kph badge , Did a time trail up Bologna and hit the downhill ,topped out at 96kph , Does anyone now of a long 10 to 12% downhill in the climb portal , @HarryTheDog I think your around my weight have you got the badge ? If so where did you do it ? . My downhill effort today my have been thwarted due to be being daft and racing the TT instead of the z2 ride like I had planned but it's a race !! . Glad I did because I won 🏆 😁 and I was the heaviest C Cat

Whorty

Another failed attempt at the 100kph badge , Did a time trail up Bologna and hit the downhill ,topped out at 96kph , Does anyone now of a long 10 to 12% downhill in the climb portal , @HarryTheDog I think your around my weight have you got the badge ? If so where did you do it ? . My downhill effort today my have been thwarted due to be being daft and racing the TT instead of the z2 ride like I had planned but it's a race !! . Glad I did because I won 🏆 😁 and I was the heaviest C Cat

I got mine from radio tower, I was probably 85kg at the time. On a TT bike, and I took a 'run' at it ... so I was up to a good speed when I started the descent. And sprinted.
I've done Bologna a few times but can't recall hitting 100kph down there

13 rider

Guru
I got mine from radio tower, I was probably 85kg at the time. On a TT bike, and I took a 'run' at it ... so I was up to a good speed when I started the descent. And sprinted.
I've done Bologna a few times but can't recall hitting 100kph down there
Did the radio tower yesterday TT bike topped out at 99kph !! , It's doable but I need to time the attack downhill better ,but it's a long drag up the tower on a TT bike , my weight is a definite disadvantage on a downhill

Whorty

Did the radio tower yesterday TT bike topped out at 99kph !! , It's doable but I need to time the attack downhill better ,but it's a long drag up the tower on a TT bike , my weight is a definite disadvantage on a downhill

Maybe we can organise a TT race with drafting at some stage. We all pootle up the tower, then ride down together ... drafting and TT bike we'll fly haha

Another failed attempt at the 100kph badge , Did a time trail up Bologna and hit the downhill ,topped out at 96kph , Does anyone now of a long 10 to 12% downhill in the climb portal , @HarryTheDog I think your around my weight have you got the badge ? If so where did you do it ? . My downhill effort today my have been thwarted due to be being daft and racing the TT instead of the z2 ride like I had planned but it's a race !! . Glad I did because I won 🏆 😁 and I
Lately on Zwift I have just been badge hunting of every sort, route and achievement, watched a video by some guy on how to get the 100 kmh badge riding the mountain 8 route, worked a treat , got a aero power up first time through the arch at the begining, rode up on a light bike and wheels, changed to a bog standard zwift TT bike but with DTswiss Disc wheel hit , hit the aero power up at the 12.8 km mark and got 106 kph fairly easily on the down hill, I was quite surprised as I am fairly small at 5ft 5 and not got a lot of watts. Only had to hit 500Watts max.
I weigh around 72Kg but very short at 165cm which seems to help. I even hit 100kmh on a Tron bike.

13 rider

Guru
I weigh around 72Kg but very short at 165cm which seems to help. I even hit 100kmh on a Tron bike.
Thanks Harry , Mountain 8 goes up the radio tower I presume , I didn't have a power up which would have helped and only need a tiny bit more speed , bike swapping on apple TV either dosnt work is such a faff ,I will ride a TT bike around the course , I am a tad lighter at 70kg but 180cm tall so disadvantaged both ways

steverob

Guru
bike swapping on apple TV either dosnt work is such a faff ,I will ride a TT bike around the course
In a race I certainly wouldn't want to swap using an Apple TV remote, but for something like this where time is not important and you can stop before the top of the radio tower, surely it shouldn't be too bad? Even if you accidentally pick the wrong bike on your first attempt, you can just go back into the menu again.

mjd1988

Guru

Garmin connect is surprisingly excellent. Missing the social side of Strava but Strava have kind of destroyed that over time. For data it's more than enough for me, intervals.icu is too much so can't see the point of Strava premium at the minute personally

Whorty

Thanks Harry , Mountain 8 goes up the radio tower I presume , I didn't have a power up which would have helped and only need a tiny bit more speed , bike swapping on apple TV either dosnt work is such a faff ,I will ride a TT bike around the course , I am a tad lighter at 70kg but 180cm tall so disadvantaged both ways

Ah yes, having an aero PU would certainly help too

Top Bottom