Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
As Berty says, if you exceed the w/kg limits it bumps you up. You are now classed as a C racer so from now on you will have to enter C cats (if you don't they can get a bit shirty). To be honest, I'm mid-bottom of C on power, but if you ride tactically you can actually do better than your power numbers. Get into a group, draft a lot, work on the hills but rest on the flats and downs. Love the racing aspect.

Really great to see you on the start line :okay: If you change your name to include "(Cyclechat)" you'll be easier to spot. You can also join the Cyclechat team on Zwiftpower too, then with a simple click you can see all our racing results easily. :okay:
Joined the Cyclechat team.

And updated my name in Zwift.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
And we know you'll still be there, toying with us, until the last lump then you'll pootle up the road leaving us tired fatties in your wake :surrender:

Just hoping i can get in a good group early on and let them drag me to the finish :tongue:

Shush, don't tell Lee this:tongue:, pick a flattish course, blast out of the gate and power away, You will need a minute on him before the small climb. He will probably catch you but on the descent power away to victory

Easy:laugh:

Doh! :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was surprised we caught up Brusgard as he was well ahead at one point, but then we did have quite a large group by then and it was working well and moving fast

Once you have a group of 5+riders average speed jumps considerably. The long endurance rides are like that, 100+ riders flying along @25mph .but as the riders fall away your effort increases

I made the fatal mistake of using too many matches from the off trying to get onto @Brusgaard 's wheel then @bobinski and @berty bassett . The hills from the off just killed me and I was hanging on for dear life in that little group. I could see your group slowly pulling us back and was pleased as a larger group would let me hide a bit :ph34r: I was surprised we caught up Brusgard as he was well ahead at one point, but then we did have quite a large group by then and it was working well and moving fast.

I knew I had nothing left in the sprint so once you went off the front I was happy to roll in the last km. Still pleased though consider I did a ZA session last night, and burnt too many matches early on :tongue:

Really great to be riding with so many chaingang cyclechaters :okay: Just need to convince @AAAC 76C , @BILL S , @Jim Brown and the others to come across and races like this can be like old times:wahhey:
Funny you should say. Made the jump today still middling my way around it so once I get to grips maybe join ya

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yeah, it was pretty shoddy.

Kicking myself for not finishing.

Edit
Not sure what the other riders made of you calling me “princess” :laugh:

What made you bail?

JLaw

Veteran
Anyone joined the Zwift Academy?

I have, but not done any events yet.
I'm in, but haven't done anything yet. Vacation is over and the second set of in-laws just went back home, daughter is back in school and son starts next week. Put it all together and I should be on the trainer regularly again.

KISS EUR and the TT so far this week. Will probably do a ZA ride or workout tomorrow.

JLaw

Veteran
Looks like @Del C has joined the ride too :okay:

@Perky77, @JLaw you fancy joining us too?
I hadn't checked here for a while, didn't know y'all were setting up a ride. My recent performances have made it abundantly clear I shoudl be riding D for a little while. Essentially way down on power/stamina and weight is up.

I was dead last (even behind the D rider) on the TT today. Contrast to before the embolism when I was winning the C group -- and we had more racers then too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was dead last (even behind the D rider) on the TT today. Contrast to before the embolism when I was winning the C group -- and we had more racers the too

Hi Jeff, I believe that the Zwiftpower ranking has changed a bit probably to reflect realistic real life categories. I was racing mid B cat, in comparison to my club mates who race crit in cat 3/4. They would easily beat me. So maybe when I start racing on Zwift I'll be in low C cat I thought BoB had mentioned this a little, but you can never tell with Bob, it might just be his knee :smile:

Top Bottom