Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
ave 338 watts over 42 minutes @Brusgaard .... was this on your Elite trainer or Bkool Pro? That's massive watts :notworthy:

I always use the Direto on Zwift, but I think the calibration has screwed up since last week! Last week I tightened the belt and calibrated so that the offset value (6611) was spot on the number when calibrated at the Elite factory. I only did 1 Zwift ride/race after that, and that was a 30 km one at 3,4w/kg, which is what I usually do at 25km+ races.

Today I continued riding 35 km after the race, and did a calibration afterwards. Now the offset value was down at 6598, which is way too low!! So I might have been a bit faster than usual! Today´s avg. pulse however is in the same ballpark as always, but I never trust that to measure/compare my efforts.

I'll do a recalibration tomorrow after a 10 min. warmup and see if things are back to normal!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
0nly just avg 2.5w/k
On some races I do too .... once I'm in the pack I conserve energy and draft along :smile: I only get to 2.8 w/kg when the other buggers make me work :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I always use the Direto on Zwift, but I think the calibration has screwed up since last week! Last week I tightened the belt and calibrated so that the offset value (6611) was spot on the number when calibrated at the Elite factory. I only did 1 Zwift ride/race after that, and that was a 30 km one at 3,4w/kg, which is what I usually do at 25km+ races.

Today I continued riding 35 km after the race, and did a calibration afterwards. Now the offset value was down at 6598, which is way too low!! So I might have been a bit faster than usual! Today´s avg. pulse however is in the same ballpark as always, but I never trust that to measure/compare my efforts.

I'll do a recalibration tomorrow after a 10 min. warmup and see if things are back to normal!
Even if slightly out, that's still some big numbers :okay: I'm still waiting for that race where I can hit an average of 250+ watts :sweat:

Del C

Veteran
I rode with del for a while was nice to work together.
Yes that was good.

I got a better start tonight and was happy with how the first lap was going. Then I lost concentration for a short while as we neared the end of the tunnel and suddenly there was a small gap that I couldn't close.

I could see that you'd stayed with the group and were about 10 seconds ahead of me. Then I saw you dropping back slowly and then you were gone. Just looked through this thread and saw that you'd had to bail. That's a shame as it looked like you were going well.

I managed to pick up with the next group behind and made sure I stayed with them until the end of the race.

Managed to increase my FTP from 241W to 244W, so a good night for me.

Hope we can get more Cyclechatters out on Tuesday nights!

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
:tongue::tongue:
ave 338 watts over 42 minutes @Brusgaard .... was this on your Elite trainer or Bkool Pro? That's massive watts :notworthy:

So actually it was 8 CC finishers, plus Bob and Dean who had to bail. Add in me, Paul T and Andy next week (hopefully) and we could get 11 in one race. Like the good old days :wahhey:
I should be available too most Tuesday evenings over the Autumn/Winter. So that makes a dirty dozen :rolleyes:

Norry1

Legendary Member
zwift has up dated my ftp but zwiftpower still has it the same - do they auto change it or are you suppose to do it yourself ?

I think you update ZP yourself.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yes that was good.

I got a better start tonight and was happy with how the first lap was going. Then I lost concentration for a short while as we neared the end of the tunnel and suddenly there was a small gap that I couldn't close.

I could see that you'd stayed with the group and were about 10 seconds ahead of me. Then I saw you dropping back slowly and then you were gone. Just looked through this thread and saw that you'd had to bail. That's a shame as it looked like you were going well.

I managed to pick up with the next group behind and made sure I stayed with them until the end of the race.

Managed to increase my FTP from 241W to 244W, so a good night for me.

Hope we can get more Cyclechatters out on Tuesday nights!

Good performance Del. Your average power was about the same as mine. The difference was I managed to stay with the group ahead of yours at the start. Just after half distance we were caught by a group from behind. I thought you and Breedon may have been in it.

I jumped into their group which slowly mopped up riders and was about 15 strong. I stayed with them until the finish and apart from 1 escapee I won the Sprint. We must all have been cooked as Sprint power was low.

I was 10th in C at the line but could see lots would be DQ'd. My better half dragged me to the pub so I didn't see ZP results till late. Pleased with bronze ^_^

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Good performance Del. Your average power was about the same as mine. The difference was I managed to stay with the group ahead of yours at the start. Just after half distance we were caught by a group from behind. I thought you and Breedon may have been in it.

I jumped into their group which slowly mopped up riders and was about 15 strong. I stayed with them until the finish and apart from 1 escapee I won the Sprint. We must all have been cooked as Sprint power was low.

I was 10th in C at the line but could see lots would be DQ'd. My better half dragged me to the pub so I didn't see ZP results till late. Pleased with bronze ^_^
Well done on the bronze. Just checked the results again this morning and saw you'd moved into 3rd place.

I looked at our average power readings and you're right that we're very close, although I think you were around 4W ahead of me. Your 15 second power is 4.7W versus my 4.2W although all of our other results are close. I'm guessing that what that tells me is that you had the short term power needed to keep with the faster groups at the start or jump on the group that came through.

It just shows that draft power really is strong on Zwift as long as you can stay with a group. Still, its an improvement for me. I was 10th out of 27 in the C group, so hoping I can keep on building on that!

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Mate, you seem to be getting stronger and stronger. :notworthy:
A bit like elastic ! You can stretch it but sooner or later it will snap !
Right on the limit last night , once I lost the group I had a lap on my own trying catch brussgard but just got slower and slower - I really enjoyed half killing myself last night and hope more join next time - once there is a big group of us then I think it may entice the others from you know where
As for ftp - do t think I will bother changing it - it don’t make no difference does it ?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I wish i could have kept going but its been a long time since my HR stayed consistently in the 169/176 range and i just didnt feel comfortable. Mind you to put last nights ride in perspective we were all going some in that first lap, just that some of you were strong enough to keep going!

upload_2018-10-17_9-55-4.png

Del C

Veteran
For those interested, here is my recording of tonight's race. Warning: 25 minutes into the race both I and @berty bassett are dropped from the leading bunch, and from then on it is solo rides for us…

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimv0YDLKGQ

That's good.

You were putting out some impressive power there!

Saw my name a couple of times just behind the front group at the start. If only I could have kept that going for 3 more laps! :rolleyes::laugh:

Looks like you and @berty bassett got dropped from the front group at almost the same point I got dropped by my group at the end of the first lap. That little kick up at the end of the tunnel must take a few victims each lap.

Slightly dumb question, but how or what app do you use to record the race?

Top Bottom