Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Rapha=snobby overpriced
It's amazing how many buy into the Rapha 'lifestyle' though, there were hordes of them out in Mallorca ... couldn't help but laugh at them though :rofl: Usually as I passed them going up a slight incline, but boy could they leave you for dust on the Alcudia to Pollensa road as they hurried to get to Tolo's :rofl:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I like a bit of Rapha. They championed cycling when it wasn’t that popular.
My concern is that it seems that an inclusionary platform, Zwift, ( if you can afford the whole turbo malarkey) is now allowing clubs to exclude riders from group rides etc just because they are not members IRL.
But then...
Are we not interested in running CC only races and perhaps more, in the future? The distinction is that we are a self selecting group of men largely of a certain age band and a dodgy line in humour while theirs is really about money.

Food for thought.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think coupling this Rapha move in with an easier choice on which map to ride, but also crucially with the massive price hike may mean that riding may become a bit lonelier at times. I tend to ride at non-peak times and rarely join group rides/races as I prefer the workouts, so i am often on my own. I think I could be even more lonely soon.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's amazing how many buy into the Rapha 'lifestyle' though, there were hordes of them out in Mallorca ... couldn't help but laugh at them though :rofl: Usually as I passed them going up a slight incline, but boy could they leave you for dust on the Alcudia to Pollensa road as they hurried to get to Tolo's :rofl:

What’s more amazing to me is how tribal cycling has become from when I started. Rather than laughing at people for their choice in clothes how about live and let live?...

There is too much snobbery in cycling.

Del C

Veteran
:rofl:

Del C

Veteran
What’s more amazing to me is how tribal cycling has become from when I started. Rather than laughing at people for their choice in clothes how about live and let live?...

There is too much snobbery in cycling.
Actually @Aleman's post did make me laugh and I do have some Rapha kit!

I also laughed because I know the roads in Mallorca he mentioned and Tolo's bar!

Del C

Veteran
Last night I was trying to help set a friend up on Zwift (on my Bkool) who's not used it before. He was using a Macbook Pro - a few years old but as far as I could tell, within the minimum spec requirements Zwift have published. Despite running smoothly in terms of graphics when it was working, the Zwift app kept crashing however. It also kept taking ages to connect via ant+ every time we re-started it. Does anyone else use a Macbook Pro to run Zwift on, and have any similar experience or tips to overcome the constant crashing?

The other problem we had was he was using a hybrid with MTB size wheels 26 x 1.5 tyres (slick) and the power & speed on Zwift was woefully low even when putting in a big effort. I am assuming it was the fat tyres (which were also a bit under-inflated as his pump was not very good!) so I'm after any 26 size tyre recommendations? It did also occur to me - would the smaller wheel size have any affect, and do any settings need to be changed anywhere to account for the wheel size?

Thanks - any advice, particularly on the Macbook would be appreciated
I use an early 2015 MacBook and have never had any issues with Zwift crashing.

I did have a similar problem when I loaded the Bkool Sim beta version. Not only did the Sim crash, but the entire MacBook kept crashing. I had to delete the Sim and then still needed some help from Apple support to clear out some corrupted files in the library folder.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think both DCR and Gp lama give video run downs on using the 4k ATV. The gist is it works well, not many people like to use the remote, you are stuck with the blue tooth devices limit and so may need the companion app on the phone, IOS or Android to bridge and finally at the moment you cannot use the world hack easily.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I reckon anyone getting off a couch or out of a car and onto a bike on our frigging unfriendly and unsafe roads deserves our support. I don't care how fit/fat/poor/rich. I get where the tribal humor comes from and can smile at too but we get looked down on enough as it is without looking down on each other coz of what we wear or ride. That said I MIGHT draw the line at Team Sky kit:whistle:

I like a bit of Rapha. They championed cycling when it wasn’t that popular.
My concern is that it seems that an inclusionary platform, Zwift, ( if you can afford the whole turbo malarkey) is now allowing clubs to exclude riders from group rides etc just because they are not members IRL.
But then...
Are we not interested in running CC only races and perhaps more, in the future? The distinction is that we are a self selecting group of men largely of a certain age band and a dodgy line in humour while theirs is really about money.

Food for thought.
I would hate to have you represent my opponent in a courtroom. Do any of the opposing lawyers ever just stand up and say .. Your honor i give up...

Top Bottom