Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I can't tell from the (limited) bits i've read so far, but if we set up a meet for say 6 o'clock, were would we 'meet'? If it's the greater London flat, for example, would we meet on the Mall, or in the start gates down by Tower Hill?

Carl, wherever YOU choose we have it set that its always at the bottom of a hill or mountain:biggrin:

Being serious for a moment, zwiftinsider also goes into the new activity feed, access to full training data. Looks good.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I can't tell from the (limited) bits i've read so far, but if we set up a meet for say 6 o'clock, were would we 'meet'? If it's the greater London flat, for example, would we meet on the Mall, or in the start gates down by Tower Hill?
under the clock tower , i will wear a carnation :rose:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
https://zwiftinsider.com/meetups/

RIDE WITH FRIENDS! ALL ABOUT MEETUPS IN ZWIFT COMPANION
Posted by Eric Schlange | Dec 6, 2018 | News, Racing & Group Rides | 3

View attachment 441693
Zwift Companion 3.0 has just released, and its biggest feature is Meetups: the ability for any Zwifter to organize and lead a group event. This is big news, and it’s going to take Zwift to the next level as a social platform. Here’s how it all works…

ORGANIZING A MEETUP
Meetups are organized entirely via Zwift Companion. Click “Events” then tap the trio of people near the top. Time to create a meetup! (Go ahead and give it a try–you can test out most of the features without actually creating the Meetup.)

Click “Create Meetup” and get started!
Choose your Meetup time, route, and distance, then click to invite friends.
You can only invite Zwifters from your followers list

REQUESTING A QUICK MEETUP
You can also click any currently active follower and request a meetup directly with them. This is useful for those times when you hop on Zwift and notice a friend riding and want to join them.

JOINING A MEETUP
Meetups behave like any other Zwift event, so you can join them from the Companion App or the Zwift startup screen. Once you are in-game you will be notified when the Meetup is starting, and you will be taken to a starting area to wait for your group. Once the ride begins you will see the usual progress meter at the top of your screen. Members of your meetup have a green highlight in the riders list so they stand out nicely.

You’ll get the standard event popup.
If you organized the Meetup, you get the leader beacon!
Off and riding!

IMPORTANT DETAILS
There are a few important limitations in this first iteration of Meetups:

• You can only invite people who follow you. This was a decision made by Zwift to limit spamming and let the Meetups feature be tested by smaller groups before it expands.
  • You are limited to inviting 50 followers(for the same reasons above)
  • You can only ride on the course (world) scheduled at the time of your meetup
  • Meetups can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance
  • There is no late joining of meetups
  • You can only create three meetups per day at this time. So be careful if you’re messing around with creating meetups, because the system will lock you out after three!
Zwift sees the massive potential of Meetups, but they want to make sure the features are stable and user-friendly before expanding. This is a smart move for sure.

FUTURE FUNCTIONALITY
The core functionality just released is quite powerful, but there is certainly more to come for Meetups. Expanded features I can envision include:

• Easy invites: a unique URL you can easily to share to let others join your ride without being followers
  • Off-calendar rides: give Meetups access to every route in Zwift
  • Culled riders: this feature already exists for events, but it would be nice if organizers could set Meetups to hide all other riders except those in the group
  • Audio chat: sure, we have Discord. But wouldn’t it be great if we could easily voice chat with those in our Meetup?
  • Event types: let organizers define what type of event this is. Can we do a group workout? How about a race, where a leaderboard is shown at the end?
  • All late join: we all have “that friend” who shows up late to every ride. An option to allow late joining for your Meetup would be nice.
I’m excited about the new Meetups feature, and I know there’s even more to come.

What do you think of the new Meetups feature, and what additional functionality would you like to see? Please share your thoughts below!

SHARE THIS:
RELATED
I don't know if it is the final nail, but I think it is one of the last few. This has made me look seriously at dropping bkool now. I can't justify running bkool for just the leagues that I'm not doing, at least at full price. One cancelled subscription renewal :cry:

nickAKA

Über Member
I'm not putting myself forward as the arbiter of future cyclechat group rides/races here as I'm a relative newbie to the site & the racing team (:blush:), but would it be possible to have one 'group leader' nominated who could then invite other known members to future events until amateurs (like me) 'know' enough people to get on 'the list' proper? If it's invite only I'll be screwed :laugh:

theboxers

Thanks @theboxers i hadn’t thought Of that, is there any analyser you would recommend?
@Tommy2 Try any of the free versions from your app store of choice. I'd pick one that has a graphing type display that'll show how each network is stacked on top of each other.

Tommy2

Über Member
Tested near the router
91% signal
101mbps download
7.99mbps upload

In the kitchen
54% signal
42mbps download
5.5mbps upload

So a significant drop off, this is after I restarted the router so it sure what it was before but it’s still not ideal, going to try changing the channel.
And hopefully get an hour on Zwift tonight.

Tommy2

Über Member
What did you turn to 90%? How much true resistance it gives?
I think I need to check mine, I just assumed it would always be at 100% but gplama doesn’t set his at 100% apparently.

theboxers

Tested near the router
91% signal
101mbps download
7.99mbps upload

In the kitchen
54% signal
42mbps download
5.5mbps upload

So a significant drop off, this is after I restarted the router so it sure what it was before but it’s still not ideal, going to try changing the channel.
And hopefully get an hour on Zwift tonight.
Try rotating the router. The rf transmission is often in lobes with dead or severly limited spots, this is on the same level plane as the router as well as in height (IYSWIM).

Top Bottom