Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
good morning you fine athletes - has anyone here had covid and experienced any issues afterwards - like lack of breath /power ? just wondering , or has everyone here who's had it been rough then made full recovery ?
not to start an excuse page - just wondering

I went cycling in the Alps straight after suffering with Covid and I found I definitely suffered there with a lack of breath, tight chest and achey legs. Problem is, I think that's probably par for the course on those never ending climbs at altitude anyway so I have no idea how much - if any - of that was down to Covid!

When I got back, I rested for a couple of days and have been riding strongly ever since so I'm thankful that I've definitely not had any longer term negative symptoms

Norry1

Legendary Member
I haven't noticed anything but my wife says she thinks her breathing remains affected - several months after the other Covid symptoms went.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
good morning you fine athletes - has anyone here had covid and experienced any issues afterwards - like lack of breath /power ? just wondering , or has everyone here who's had it been rough then made full recovery ?

I had it, was rough for a couple of days, but as far as I can tell zero after effects.

But everyone is different. My lady friend is still suffering a month later and struggling to get to her prior fitness - she was running 9 minute miles for an hour but now 30-40 seconds off that time. Her breathing is still a problem and only slowly recovering.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I aint got it !! I was just wondering how you lot faired when you had it
I've never had it so I don't know
these questions pop up when you have immune system like superman you know ^_^

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I've not tried riding since I had Covid a couple of weeks ago. I tested -ve at the end of last week but am still coughing a fair bit and producing unreasonable amounts of gunk. I've felt quite tired and jaded, too. I'm thinking about getting on the turbo for a gentle spin tonight or tomorrow morning, though. Definitely no big efforts, mind.

I call BS. Your average speed on your strava rides shows no drop at all. The only plausible explanation is your long suffering wife has finally said "Berty dear, any chance you can put off the new bike shopping and give me a hand with the dishes?"

Edit: I posted this before seeing your admission of not having it.

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru

I had it fairly bad but only for about 5 days, although I tested positive for a while after. I didn't do anything strenuous until testing negatively be though, have heard people say that going back whilst there is still any chance of viral inflammation (or myocarditis) could set you back, so would urge caution.

bobinski

Legendary Member
EAD5C92B-0B62-4934-8FCF-455F9701AF43.jpg

Top Bottom