Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@Rich A and I are doing the King Alfred's Way over 3 days starting next Friday, so we're nervously keeping a close eye on the weather forecast! Doesn't look too bad but I do definitely think rain jackets will be required!

Has anyone else done it? I have read a couple of very good write-ups from elsewhere on Cyclechat when researching into it

No, but that does look a great route, long days ahead of you

Some more info here https://www.cyclinguk.org/king-alfreds-way

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Trying out my new PC today. I must say 4k Zwift is amazing compared to 1080p.

My TV can do 4k @60hz, interesting to see if the graphics GPU/CPU cope with recording Zwift/Sauce and OBS simultaneously in 4k

bridgy

Legendary Member
No, but that does look a great route, long days ahead of you

Some more info here https://www.cyclinguk.org/king-alfreds-way

Yeah thanks Andy. Our planned route is 3 days of between 70 and 80 miles each day. Doesn't sound too much but it's 85% off road and we'll be on mountain bikes with luggage - oh and it's very hilly! So the going will be quite slow compared to what we're used to on the road bikes. I'm expecting around 10mph moving average based on the terrain etc so 9-10 hour days including stops

alex_cycles

Veteran
Friday Smash, No Phil to battle it out for title :sad:

Had to contend with Dave though, so decided to put him under pressure with repeated efforts to gap him and go with Alex and Steve's attacks.

New PC, much better in performance full 4k 60fps resolution recordings now with Sauce overlay

View: https://youtu.be/43Z5oU8CWkA?si=oNfRlLWwxK_7tej_

You did well. I knew you were incentivised to pull away from Dave, so I let you go on the front for a bit, but I wasn't a pig and gave you a bit of a pull at times too. Managed to get away from Stephen at the end with a long effort. We raced up in B this week because someone else had signed up there but the plonker didn't show up. :rolleyes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/MOb8lYzbMvY?si=HlEuM9DQnUAkWN2G&t=351

Nice footage on the new machine too. No rubberbanding. I love to hear the game sounds too if you can make that happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I love to hear the game sounds too if you can make that happen

You don't mean me gasping? :laugh:

I noticed my taskbar was displayed.

Yesterday when I setting up the PC I had it so would auto hide. Bloody thing would not do it just before race, but soon as I had finished, it decided to hide 🫥

I'll need to play and see if certain app is keeping the taskbar visible

alex_cycles

Veteran
You don't mean me gasping? :laugh:

I have the game sounds piped in directly from the screen capture window, but have enabled the onboard microphone to catch my breathing and commentary. I disable the webcam audio as I don't need it twice and the Macbook has a better Mic :laugh: (and not in the direct path of the fans)

I noticed my taskbar was displayed.

Yesterday when I setting up the PC I had it so would auto hide. Bloody thing would not do it just before race, but soon as I had finished, it decided to hide 🫥

I'll need to play and see if certain app is keeping the taskbar visible

Yeah - by the time you get the settings just right it'll be time for a new PC :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I should be able to grab the audio from Zwift. Will fiddle with settings

alex_cycles

Veteran
Your finish sprint was excellent, caught both me and Steve on the hop. After a few seconds the chance of catching you was all over :okay:

Had to get the jump on him as his very short power is higher than mine. But my 1m is usually better than his (which is why I nearly always go long). But today I got an aero on the very first banner and held it for the end. Also went slightly later and on the opposite side from last time we did LaGuardia. Deliberately choosing the "wrong" longer side because I went the other way last time.

So the idea was get on the long side. Ramp up, pop the aero and max it to break the elastic. Then just keep going.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Apologies for missing the Friday smash but I was riding back from Whaley Bridge ,was going to come back on Thursday but today's forecast was a lot better . But by the way my legs feel if I had come back yesterday I don't think I'd put up much of a fight

The final March League Stats. Stephen and I greedily appearing twice after choosing to ride B today :laugh:
Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 15.55.01.png

Top Bottom