Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Dcrainmakers take on stages https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2024/04/stages-cycling-messier.html

I met up with him a couple of weeks ago and we did a ride together on some of his home roads - was great to catch up. Thankfully he was kind to me and chose a mostly flat route because he's never fun to try and follow uphill! ^_^

That's good to hear, any word of Tommy or the other fellas? doesn't seem to be much chat on the bkool thread at the minute, but guess it is coming into outdoor season for most

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Arrgh. Bridge's n Boardwalks event this morning spoilt by power failure of my UPS :cursing:

I could here a beeping in the background as I began the final climb on lap 3 in the lead pack

Obviously you won't see it now, but I was about to launch a devastating attack on the climb to take the win :whistle:

Will after to try again tomorrow ^_^

alex_cycles

Veteran
Arrgh. Bridge's n Boardwalks event this morning spoilt by power failure of my UPS :cursing:

I could here a beeping in the background as I began the final climb on lap 3 in the lead pack

Obviously you won't see it now, but I was about to launch a devastating attack on the climb to take the win :whistle:

Will after to try again tomorrow ^_^

Do you need a UPS for it? :laugh:
Rather aggravating, that :angry:

mjd1988

Guru
Did a zwift race then the rain stopped so took bike outside for first time in...I'll work it out from Strava but it's well over a year. So long I forgot how to start a ride on my Garmin till near the end 😱

(It was a short ride anyway but it turned out looking like a very short ride)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone used IndieVelo? My local CC are on there and do weekly social rides. I've signed up to the app and will give it a go sometime. Currently free, although can also pay to be an early adopter. Looks quite Zwift-ish but (they claim) with more realistic physics.

Anything?

mjd1988

Guru
Anyone used IndieVelo? My local CC are on there and do weekly social rides. I've signed up to the app and will give it a go sometime. Currently free, although can also pay to be an early adopter. Looks quite Zwift-ish but (they claim) with more realistic physics.

Anything?

I think @Legs and possibly @alex_cycles are fans? Looks good but probably needs to build base or could be another rgt

mjd1988

Guru
I don't have any sports channels at the moment - looking at NowTV sports package as it's the cheapest. Does this cover the cycling?
I'm a big fan of the cricket so will sort my cricket fix out too :laugh:

I get discovery plus "free" with BT internet. Has been a pretty good gcn plus replacement so far

Whorty

I get discovery plus "free" with BT internet. Has been a pretty good gcn plus replacement so far

New house doesn't have a tv aerial so currently I only have streaming TV (iplayer, ITVX, Netflix etc) ... to be honest, not missed 'normal' tv the past 4 months, but I do love the cycling and cricket so looking to see what the options are. I'm with YouFibre so no tv options with them (although internet is good value for money).
Sky stream is £43 per month, NowTv is £26 for first 6 months then £35 for the remaining 6 months.
Or maybe I should cycle instead of watching it on tv lol

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I find mostly of my cycling from highlights on YouTube.

Discovery has cycling and other sports. I can watch it for free currently.

Someone else is paying 🤣

Stage 2 women's Vuelta. The winner was over the moon, action packed last few Kms

alex_cycles

Veteran

Anything?

Yes it's a much better racing platform than Zwift, but the graphics are not yet as good. Try an elimination race - you will absolutely LOVE it.
Surge and recover like you never saw it before...

This was an Omnium (set of 4 races) that I put on. Starts with an elimination race.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/YxYpWvKkWsY?si=Z-gn8PK7o9Px8q2J&t=160

Whorty

Yes it's a much better racing platform than Zwift, but the graphics are not yet as good. Try an elimination race - you will absolutely LOVE it.
Surge and recover like you never saw it before...

This was an Omnium (set of 4 races) that I put on. Starts with an elimination race.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/YxYpWvKkWsY?si=Z-gn8PK7o9Px8q2J&t=160

I did see the elimination races in the list ... that does look fun. I'm signed up with a free account so planning on giving it a go

Top Bottom