Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
New features coming to Zwift over the summer include an extra steep climb from the southern coast road up to the top of the Epic KOM and a new HUD display, possibly with customisable data fields.

https://www.zwift.com/uk/this-season-on-zwift

Do you think this is in response to people using Sauce to add extra display features?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Do you think this is in response to people using Sauce to add extra display features?

I tried sauce briefly, couldn't get on with it, for me was far too complex. But yes, would be nice to have a few tweaks to the Zwift HUD, specifically the draft %, that would be welcome given steering is becoming more popular

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I tried sauce briefly, couldn't get on with it, for me was far too complex. But yes, would be nice to have a few tweaks to the Zwift HUD, specifically the draft %, that would be welcome given steering is becoming more popular

It is a little complex, I do find all the extra add-ons via patches too much.

Once it's set up, no real need to play with it again
I wanted the draft gauge, clear gradient profile and gaps indicator, which adds group size, speed and power for each group.

I'm pretty satisfied with that.

I do like Alex's setup, he's really got all the bells and whistles for his display.

bridgy

Legendary Member
@alex_cycles - how did teh double header DIRT stages go?

Also can you answer a question for me? On stage 7 when there's FTS points for Clyde Kicker on both lap 1 and 5, does that mean two opportunities to score FTS points, or is it like ZRL and there's only one overall FTS top 10 despite you racing through it more than once? Cheers

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Stage 5 Lap it Up. London Classic, more suited to me. I was ranked 4th on ZP. The pace felt brisk, I wasn't feeling so perky. Group didn't really whittle down being on short event and flat-ish. Sprint came back at bit which helped, but was outgunned by a couple of riders with super strong sprints.

ZP put on the podium for 🥉

For Alex
I even got taskbar to hide and put Zwift sound on the recording :biggrin:

View: https://youtu.be/qqScUxEU56g?si=7CQf2lmHs17Ho4rP

Bonus, bonus I was able to save and upload my corrupted stage 4. I know some of thought I can't do hills or even did the event :whistle:

mjd1988

Guru
Did an outdoor intro to race racing session with local club at a local racetrack. Great fun.

Everything I am good at in zwift I am bad at in real life! Bike handling meant having to expel a lot of energy but very good fun

alex_cycles

Veteran
@alex_cycles - how did teh double header DIRT stages go?

Also can you answer a question for me? On stage 7 when there's FTS points for Clyde Kicker on both lap 1 and 5, does that mean two opportunities to score FTS points, or is it like ZRL and there's only one overall FTS top 10 despite you racing through it more than once? Cheers

Sorry for the late reply. I had to race straight off the bike to take my mum to a medical appointment which took up the rest of the day.

2 separate sets of points. Different from ZRL. Here's how the morning races went...

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/kFZPaGZrzeI?si=Jwmv5IinXaD4WqhC&t=585

I ended up with the Season Green Jersey, the Grand Champs (3 seasons) Green, GC 2nd, Polka-dot 2nd and we got the Team League win this season. So it went pretty well :laugh: I've had a good few weeks.

How did your races go?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sorry for the late reply. I had to race straight off the bike to take my mum to a medical appointment which took up the rest of the day.

2 separate sets of points. Different from ZRL. Here's how the morning races went...

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/kFZPaGZrzeI?si=Jwmv5IinXaD4WqhC&t=585

I ended up with the Season Green Jersey, the Grand Champs (3 seasons) Green, GC 2nd, Polka-dot 2nd and we got the Team League win this season. So it went pretty well :laugh: I've had a good few weeks.

How did your races go?

Well done Alex great personal and team results 👏

Don't really know why I was asking about the FTS points - no way I was going to score any in my league!

I did try a bit on the first Clyde Kicker FTS but I was only something like 21st! I had burnt quite a few matches in the TT though! I managed 6th in the TT which is my best result this season, but only 22nd over the line and 24th after segment points in the crit race. (No breakaways or anything just a massive group of 40 or so together for the finish)

Really good race series though - I love the format of the races and the scoring etc. - all so much better than ZRL!

alex_cycles

Veteran
Well done Alex great personal and team results 👏

Don't really know why I was asking about the FTS points - no way I was going to score any in my league!

I did try a bit on the first Clyde Kicker FTS but I was only something like 21st! I had burnt quite a few matches in the TT though! I managed 6th in the TT which is my best result this season, but only 22nd over the line and 24th after segment points in the crit race. (No breakaways or anything just a massive group of 40 or so together for the finish)

Really good race series though - I love the format of the races and the scoring etc. - all so much better than ZRL!

Excellent TT. Well done.
I went almost solely for the sprints on that one because with my FTP I'd gas myself getting into the top half and then be useless for race 2.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Excellent TT. Well done.
I went almost solely for the sprints on that one because with my FTP I'd gas myself getting into the top half and then be useless for race 2.

Good tactics considering how successful you've been in the sprints. My tactics were the opposite because my sprints success has been the opposite! Can confirm I did gas myself and was useless for race 2 though :thumbsup:

Top Bottom