Zwift Plan - does everyone stick to one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
The reason for the original question was, I see a lot of guys on Strava posting their Zwift sessions, and I was thinking "I wonder if these guys are just hopping on randomly riding an hour at anything (like pin the tail on the donkey!!) or do they follow a set plan in winter months"......I think all the above comments are constructive and very welcome, and much appreciated.
In a nutshell: Just because it's on Zwift doesn't make it anything.

In that sense it's like an outdoor ride - when someone on Strava posts one, you may wonder what it was too.

You won't really know until you ask them.

JuhaL

Guru
I might be wrong but after I have watch Zwift workouts I have noticed that there is lot of workout's which are included mixed power zones instead of focusing particular power zones. I am not sure is that right way to design workouts. If I want to do Z2 workouts I don't think I want any Z4, Z5 or Z6 intervals on that workout. Active off-season plan looks bit more sensible for me. Maybe those mixed workouts which are included different power zones work for someone if you have lag of time and you want to do bit of everything in one session. I would like to focus different zones separately. It looks that Trainerroad approach differently to workouts.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I might be wrong but after I have watch Zwift workouts I have noticed that there is lot of workout's which are included mixed power zones instead of focusing particular power zones. I am not sure is that right way to design workouts. If I want to do Z2 workouts I don't think I want any Z4, Z5 or Z6 intervals on that workout. Active off-season plan looks bit more sensible for me. Maybe those mixed workouts which are included different power zones work for someone if you have lag of time and you want to do bit of everything in one session. I would like to focus different zones separately. It looks that Trainerroad approach differently to workouts.
Oh god yes! Most training sessions on Zwift are, in my opinion, too complicated. Luckily, you can design your own :okay:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Thirded.

It's about striking a balance, though. I've once managed to do 90 minutes of homogeneous Z2 erg workout - it was veeeerry boring. A lot of the workouts are unnecessarily complicated, but I do tend to like a little bit of variety in my workouts.

I like zwofactory.com for inputting custom workouts.

1670930344774.png

Top Bottom