Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
True Ill add some of the popular sprints, and that will be it for a while, the less used routes could be dropped to clean up the first posts

I’m not qualified here really but you guys know the segments you like to attack. So maybe go with those iconic ones. If someone suggests a 0.1km corner on a fairly nondescript part of a course, I’m going to assume they already have the best time ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Which one is that Bob?

This way, Strava does all the admin. I just provide links so riders can quickly see the segment and times

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
As there's quite a lot of segments to keep track of, would it be a good idea to pick one particular segment (or one from each of the three Zwift courses?) to focus the challenge on each month or each week? We could - for example - confirm the Strava Cyclechat group standing's for that segment(s) at the start of the week or month, and then review again at the end of the period to see who's made the best improvement? And then move onto another segment...?

kipster

Guru
Now if everyone can avoid bigloop from now on that would be nice. Actually I’m surprised that I feature reasonable well in a number of them. Not sure I can do much more up box hill at the moment, that effort hurt, I’ll have to shed some weight do the hill and then pig out on a takeaway.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My Boxhill segment needs attention, I would hope less than 10mins would be good for my weight. Its just a little too long to go at >98% full attack. I'd be chuffed to hold more than 330

steverob

Guru
I only just started using Zwift last week, and also I'm not exactly very fast, so chances are I wouldn't trouble any leaderboards regardless, but still would be interested in seeing where I stack up against others on here.

Would be interested to add some sprints to the list of hills and loops segments, but most of the "official" sprints are ridiculously short - and because Strava rounds to the nearest second there'd be a 20-way tie for the quickest time within a few days probably. I'd prefer to choose a slightly longer flat segment on each stage (say the length of the Mall from Buck Palace to Admiralty Arch for London) and take that as "our" sprint - only needs one per course (plus reverses).

bobinski

Legendary Member
I only just started using Zwift last week, and also I'm not exactly very fast, so chances are I wouldn't trouble any leaderboards regardless, but still would be interested in seeing where I stack up against others on here.

Would be interested to add some sprints to the list of hills and loops segments, but most of the "official" sprints are ridiculously short - and because Strava rounds to the nearest second there'd be a 20-way tie for the quickest time within a few days probably. I'd prefer to choose a slightly longer flat segment on each stage (say the length of the Mall from Buck Palace to Admiralty Arch for London) and take that as "our" sprint - only needs one per course (plus reverses).

Totoro Fan? Such a great film.

Strava rounds sprint times though I cannot recall if up or down. You can only accurately record a short sprint with a screen capture of the time in the left hand sprint result column.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I actually lead on the reverse Watopia sprint:hyper: I wonder how long that will last:laugh:

400704D0-00E0-46B3-B6CF-99EC51564847.png

Top Bottom