Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
do times count in a race ?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Paul's idea re-picking a loop or race to improve segment is a very good strategy. The ride could be done with a few CC members or within a race or even solo if members cant get to the allotted times.

Shall I put forward the 3 sisters for the course this month( pre Christmas) to improve or get a time- not many of us have done it. I know I took it more of a recovery ride.??
I'm up for that Andy - so what course/route do we need to ride in order to complete this segment, do yku know? I can then look out for a suitable race that will cover it, or if not do it separately by myself...

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
There is a live race for the 3 sisters on Tuesday about 5.30. The route is called 3 sisters- 30 miles long. I'm hoping to do the live race in B cat. For me that might be a mistake. I doubt I could match the climbing W/Kg in the category, but willing to give it a go

It takes in the full mountain climbing descent and then into the volcano section for a further climb- chances are there to smash Koms

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I will be doing this too Andy. I am hoping a day off the bike allows for a bit of recovery. I won’t be racing off at the start but will hopefully find a group to draft before we hit the ascents.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Proud new leader of the road to ruins segment! Sorry @CXRAndy

https://www.strava.com/activities/1309554486

I also got beaten aswell by Mr @Norry1 for the whole loop. Your effort has loads of PBs :okay:

I'll have to have another go soon^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Some of my Strava buddies have been doing mega rides

One did
  • Distance
    113.8mi
  • Elevation Gain
    18,481ft
  • Average Pace
    13.6mi/h
  • Before his signal was lost. He was going for an Everest challenge
The other one ride around Tenerife with 100+ miles and 12k climbing

I feel quite wimpish against the like of this and Lee and Dean

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i shouldn;t be put in the same sentence as Dean and your mates who put in some serious height ! i purposely didn't go for any elevation as i just wanted a steady ride not knowing if i could on the turbo
sayin that though i am toying with the idea of entering the rapha 500 and i know i cant do xmas eve , xmas , boxing day or new tears eve , so it only leaves me the option of doing some big rides either outside or on the turbo in one way or the other . if the weather is bad then it could be a day in the shed forgetting about speed and just dogging in miles

Top Bottom