Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I haven't done much Zwifting which wasn't race or workout, but yesterday I just cruised the "London loop". On the first lap I noticed a line on the pavement and a "Box Hill" timer begining, so decided to push hard on the next lap.
Afterwards I couldn't find the segment in Strava, but finally found it through the list
at zwiftblog (https://zwiftblog.com/verified-zwift-strava-segments/).

Thought I did a well to hold 320 watt, but looking at the Strava segment quickly brought me downt to earth again :B).
I must say that is some cracking efforts by you all :notworthy:.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I haven't done much Zwifting which wasn't race or workout, but yesterday I just cruised the "London loop". On the first lap I noticed a line on the pavement and a "Box Hill" timer begining, so decided to push hard on the next lap.
Afterwards I couldn't find the segment in Strava, but finally found it through the list
at zwiftblog (https://zwiftblog.com/verified-zwift-strava-segments/).

Thought I did a well to hold 320 watt, but looking at the Strava segment quickly brought me downt to earth again :B).
I must say that is some cracking efforts by you all :notworthy:.

I did a 9.55 for the full Boxhill climb on Saturday. My best effort by over a minute. I can't see the segment within Strava so have to pull it from the ride manually. I averaged 344W to get that time. 2 seconds behind you

bridgy

Legendary Member
There is a live race for the 3 sisters on Tuesday about 5.30. The route is called 3 sisters- 30 miles long. I'm hoping to do the live race in B cat. For me that might be a mistake. I doubt I could match the climbing W/Kg in the category, but willing to give it a go

It takes in the full mountain climbing descent and then into the volcano section for a further climb- chances are there to smash Koms
Thanks Andy - the race you mention is at 16.45 Tuesday which is too early for me. I can't see any other upcoming races on that course so I think I might give it a go tonight on my own....

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Didn't Tommy post a news article in London? :biggrin:

Carl your time up the tower was impressive. Did you really pedal @38 cadence?
No, the cadence is a guess that is about as accurate as Bkool watt numbers. Ages ago I did a manual count of cadence on a hill climb, compared to what Bkool was showing. Bkool had something like 40, but I counted 80. I suspect last night I was about the same again. I was in lowest gear which I think is 50/32 but was spinning quite a lot. Every now and then i'd up the gears and grind a bit, but mostly spinning.

The most difficult part of that ride was pacing myself up the mountain to get to the tower climb. So hard to see people pushing 2 watts/kg going past you and not wanting to blow them away, but the aim was as fast as I could on the tower section so had to hold back :cursing:

There were lots of people riding too last night, so when I got onto the tower section i always had someone to chase down which really helped with pacing :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
3 Sisters
Chapeau Paul :notworthy:. Truly powerful ride, I watch the numbers on Zwift link, you crested the Tower at minute 46:okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
3 Sisters yesterday, lots of PBs. The Epic Kom I knocked 1.5 mins off my personal best, creeping into 10th on the Cyclechat league. I was 3 minutes faster for the whole Watopia mountain climb. :smile:

Not too shabby for a flabby, well maybe not so much these days, but still 92kg

Top Bottom