Zwift-Segment League for Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
3 Sisters yesterday, lots of PBs. The Epic Kom I knocked 1.5 mins off my personal best, creeping into 10th on the Cyclechat league. I was 3 minutes faster for the whole Watopia mountain climb. :smile:

Not too shabby for a flabby, well maybe not so much these days, but still 92kg
Whoa :notworthy:, I can't remember if you were going to the Cambridgeshire GF, but if you do you should join me in the TT event instead. That kind of power would almost certainly make you qualify for your age group.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Whoa :notworthy:, I can't remember if you were going to the Cambridgeshire GF, but if you do you should join me in the TT event instead. That kind of power would almost certainly make you qualify for your age group.

Thanks Lars, that is very flattering of you. :hello: I didn't think I was anywhere near regarding power. I was expecting riders must be 350W+ for TT

Plus I would be laughed at with my modified cyclocross bike for TT :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done on last night's 3 Sisters ride @berty bassett and @CXRAndy !

Lee, our times are only 40 seconds apart so it's a shame we weren't doing it at the same time as that could have been quite a race! Looking at the comparison tool on Strava you got a flying start and had about 30 seconds on me at the start of the big climb. You kept this for the first half of the climb but surprisingly I clawed the time back over the second half of the climb and by the top we were exactly neck and neck. You descended 2 seconds quicker than me, and then I got 20 seconds ahead by the time we hit the bottom of the second climb. You got pretty much all of this time back by the top of the second climb and it was only on the final descent and flat run in to the finish that I got the 40 seconds lead on you - I bet you wouldn't have let that happen if you could have seen me just a couple of seconds ahead!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Current standings. Impressive watts and HR Andy!!

Three Sisters.jpg

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well done on last night's 3 Sisters ride @berty bassett and @CXRAndy !

Lee, our times are only 40 seconds apart so it's a shame we weren't doing it at the same time as that could have been quite a race! Looking at the comparison tool on Strava you got a flying start and had about 30 seconds on me at the start of the big climb. You kept this for the first half of the climb but surprisingly I clawed the time back over the second half of the climb and by the top we were exactly neck and neck. You descended 2 seconds quicker than me, and then I got 20 seconds ahead by the time we hit the bottom of the second climb. You got pretty much all of this time back by the top of the second climb and it was only on the final descent and flat run in to the finish that I got the 40 seconds lead on you - I bet you wouldn't have let that happen if you could have seen me just a couple of seconds ahead!
it would have been good to both be doing it same time ! fear the outcome would have been the same unless i found some popeye powers !
i will keep an eye out for you next time :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Paul and Lee HAVE to race against each other on a lumpy or mountainous course. It would be awesome to watch.
We did. He beat me in last week's CVR World Cup race! I didn't see him though (even though its since been shown to me he was right in front of me at one point) so would be good to do when we're actually aware of each other! One of the downsides of the large number of riders in Zwift races is it is harder to spot specific people

bridgy

Legendary Member
This is the Swiss chap I had my last battle with yesterday, definitely a climber. You can see the time loss and gain swing, finally cracking him on the home run View attachment 387105
That's a good graphic Andy - here's mine and Lee's on the same segment showing we were absolutely neck and neck twice (and for several miles in the middle!), until I pulled away at the very end:

Three Sisters 2.jpg

berty bassett

Legendary Member
hmmmm role reversal eh Bob
is the inner lawyer playing with me ^_^
trouble is i've not got the self control you have :biggrin:
maybe we could all get in one together -szun riders included eh

LBHIFI

Veteran
Thanks Lars, that is very flattering of you. :hello: I didn't think I was anywhere near regarding power. I was expecting riders must be 350W+ for TT

Plus I would be laughed at with my modified cyclocross bike for TT :laugh:
This summer I did close to 40 kph (24.8 mph) with only 265 watt avg. I think one would be shure to qualify with 42 kph (26 mph). Assuming you could apply the same power in a TT position, you should be able to achieve that. You would of course have to get rid of that rediculous cyclocross bike and get a real bike ^_^.

Top Bottom