Zwift speed wall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

sasquath

Are you very tall and very light? I’m 72kg and 6’3” and only managed 100km/h by coming down Bologna with a sprint at 1000W+.

If you go in for that kind of thing, dropping an aero power-up will help you.
I'm 91kg at 6'3"(192cm) even in my skinniest years I was never that far below 80kg. First you have to have aero boost to drop it. 50 mph badge dropped in I'm good with that...for now:whistle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Bologna in a group ride will get you the 100km easily.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I currently only have a dumb trainer so I don't normally look in these threads but I just had a browse through this one...

I don't understand why you should have to pedal hard to achieve a (simulated) fast descent? :wacko:

On this real local descent (averaging about 7%) I once hit 90 km/hr freewheeling (after spinning out at about 65 km/hr)!

I may splash out on a smart turbo for next winter when I will have a bit more money to spend.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I currently only have a dumb trainer so I don't normally look in these threads but I just had a browse through this one...

I don't understand why you should have to pedal hard to achieve a (simulated) fast descent? :wacko:

On this real local descent (averaging about 7%) I once hit 90 km/hr freewheeling (after spinning out at about 65 km/hr)!

View attachment 620592

I may splash out on a smart turbo for next winter when I will have a bit more money to spend.
You don't need to pedal hard to go fast on a descent on zwift

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I'm 91kg at 6'3"(192cm) even in my skinniest years I was never that far below 80kg. First you have to have aero boost to drop it. 50 mph badge dropped in I'm good with that...for now:whistle:
Is your weight actually set correctly in Zwift? 60mph should be pretty easy for you at that weight.

CXRAndy

Guru
To go over 63mph on the tower descent Watopia. You need to push massive Watts on the flat loop on the top. Carry the Watts into the descent, calculated gravity does the rest.

Top Bottom